Is the Time Right for International Equities?
- Make Europe's Pain Your Gain. La Monica, Paul R. // Money;Apr2012, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p46
The author discusses how U.S. investors can take advantage of the economic instability in Europe in 2012. He offers information on stocks that have been discounted but remain worthy of investment such as Unilever, Siemens, and ASML Holding. It is noted that Royal Dutch Shell and Total are...
- Quality European firms will weather the storms. Smith, James // Money Marketing;4/4/2013, p35
The article reports that funds investing in Europe have proved among the most consistent in the market while the region remains at risk from a macro standpoint over recent years. It is noted that many of the periphery countries remains in recession and core growth is only strong in this context,...
- DOMESTIC SAVINGS IN THE TRANSITION ECONOMIES. // Economic Survey of Europe;2001, Issue 1, p167
Examines the aggregate savings-investment balances in a large group of transition economies in Europe. Patterns of savings and investment in the transition economies; Determinants of private saving; Policy implications and conclusions.
- Stock prices and domestic and international macroeconomic activity: a cointegration approach. Nasseh, Alireza; Strauss, Jack // Quarterly Review of Economics & Finance;Summer2000, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p229
This paper supports the existence of a significant, long-run relationship between stock prices and domestic and international economic activity in six European economies. Johansen Cointegration tests demonstrate that stock price levels are significantly related to industrial production, business...
- Europe: And Then There Was One? // Export Today's Global Business;May2001, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p2
Reports on the reaction to the proposal of German Chancellor Gerhard Schroder to develop a federal system to counterbalance the economic and security unions in Europe. Dilemma of the French; Dominant forces in the European Union; Advice for companies with stocks in Europe.
- Eden doubles fund's exposure to UK equities. Ellul, Joanne // Money Marketing;8/2/2012, p21
The article focuses on Eden Global Multi-Strategy fund of 64 million British pounds (Bp) increasing its exposure to Great Britain (GB) equities by 8% to 16% as it observes more value opportunities with the improvement of the European economy.
- Bullish on Europe. Brown, Carolyn M.; Dingle, Derek T. // Black Enterprise;May99, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p56
Presents update on the European stock market as of May 1999. Financial information on Allied Irish Banks PLC; Shares of Telecom Italia SpA; Increase in the stocks of ING Groep NV.
- Political Union Will Be Sustained. Walter, Norbert // International Economy;Spring2002, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p39
Presents several predictions for the European economy for the year 2007. Increase of shares from the foreign reserves; Transformation of the European institutions; Decentralization of authority.
- Cloud with a silver lining. Tora, Brian // Money Marketing;6/30/2011, p36
In this article, the author discusses the increase of buying opportunities for stocks and tackles the economic conditions in Europe in 2011.