Stop the Pain
- Eliminating Adminitrivia. Zalack, Richard G. // Advisor Today;Dec2003, Vol. 98 Issue 12, p66
Offers management advice to financial advisors. Development of strategic goals; Ways of avoiding activities that sap energy; Delegation of tasks.
- DIARY. // Money Marketing;11/25/2004, p41
Reports on developments involving executives in the financial services industry in Greta Britain as of November 2004. Practical joke on Julian Polhill, chairman of the financial public relations consultancy Polhill; Climb by Pace Financial Service director David Knight to the Senderos mountain...
- Practice Management CHALLENGES. P. D. // Financial Planning;Mar2011, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p59
The article introduces a series of articles from various experts in the financial services industry, such as Stephanie Bogan, Joel Bruckenstein and Roger Verboon, on how to manage one's practice, taking into consideration different aspects like hiring, growth and succession planning.
- A New Generation Gap. Simonoff, Evan // Financial Planning;Jan1999, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p13
Discusses the trend in the finance advising industry. Gap between the first and second generations of financial planners when it comes to client relationships; Distinctions between the two generations in their attitudes and outlook on the industry.
- Board Silly. Clark, Bob // Financial Planning;Aug2002, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p85
Analyzes the idea of appointing financial planners in financial regulatory bodies. Implication of the idea to accountants; Questions raised in the planning profession; Opinion on the primary job of financial planners.
- Industry drags feet on phone and web advice. Pokrajac, Milana // Money Management;2/3/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p3
The article reports on the slow developments in the availability of Internet and phone-based simple financial advice in the financial services industry in Australia, despite increasing client demands.
- IFAP chief questions size of whole-of-market sector. Salmon, James // Money Marketing;10/13/2005, p3
Reports on the growing concern over the size of whole-of-market (WOM) adviser sector in Great Britain, following Aifa's decision to set up a new arm to accommodate WOM firms. Purpose for launching the Association of Financial Adviser (AFA); Failure to uncover any WOM firms from the launch of...
- How to avoid a bland blend. Galagher, Phil // Money Management;6/9/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 20, p14
Shares insights into a number of opportunities exist for fund managers since the introduction of Financial Services Reform in Australia. Impact of technology development on portfolio construction; Efforts to increase portfolio performance; Reasons behind the development of the suggested optimum...
- Respecting your prospect's marital privacy. Brueckner, Thomas K. // Senior Market Advisor;Jan2013, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p48
In this article, the author discusses the importance of respecting the marital privacy of prospects by financial advisors. The author relates that he learned about this important lesson when he left potential clients in the conference room to attend to some matters. The author claims that the...