The Globalization of Financial Planning
- Crossing Industry Lines: Convergence Products Target Convenience. Blowers, Sean // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;8/13/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 33, p14
Focuses on the emergence of convergence products on the financial services industry in the United States. Concept involved in convergence products; Benefits of the products to consumers; Tips on marketing convergence products.
- What Estate Planners Will Be Doing in 10 Years (or Not). Kurlowicz, Ted T. // Journal of Financial Service Professionals;Jan2005, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p66
Estate planners have a timeless role of preserving their clients' estates. The services and techniques employed have adapted to changing conditions and will continue to do so. Forecasts of future services and techniques are most reliable if demographic, social, economic, and governmental trends...
- Â£80m to improve financial capability. Salmon, James // Money Marketing;3/30/2006, p8
The article reports that the Great Britain Financial Services Authority has unveiled a project to improve financial capability, which includes training teachers to teach personal finance to secondary school students in England. It also include changes in its web site and publications for...
- Use Estate Planning and Improve Your Bottom Line. Phillips, John // Advisor Today;Feb2004, Vol. 99 Issue 2, p56
Features Achieving Success, a new Programs in a Box which offers outstanding sales ideas for insurance and financial professionals pertaining to the use of estate planning. Selection of topics included in the program; Relevant features of the program; Significance of estate planning.
- DÃ©jÃ Vu All Over Again? // Journal of Financial Planning;Aug2004, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p17
According to the 2004 Phoenix Wealth Survey, sponsored by Phoenix Companies, about half of the 2,804 surveyed U.S. households with a minimum net worth of $1 million make their own investment decisions without consulting financial professionals. The survey also found that one-third of high net...
- Treasurers, College Savings Group to Discuss 529 Plans With SEC, MSRB. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;6/29/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31915, p5
Reports on the deliberations on the tax-advantaged college savings plans that states have set up under section 529 of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code. Scrutiny of the legislature on the adequacy of the fees, disclosures and sales practices associated with college savings plans; Appeal for the...
- 529 plans. Harrington, Cynthia // Accounting Today;6/21/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p20
Discusses the growth of 529 personal savings plan in the U.S. Growth of state savings plans during the first quarter of 2004; Factors that influenced the growth of 529; Features of the financial plans offered by states in the U.S.; Confusion experienced by financial advisors on the different...
- CORRESPONDENT'S WEEK. Dibben, Margaret // Money Marketing;2/2/2006, p47
The article the author's experience with personal finance advice in Great Britain. According to the author, her accountant reminded her that tax legislation applies to personal finance journalists as it does to readers. So the author started looking for full receipts. Meanwhile, the author...
- Generation X-orcists. FAIRLEY, JULIETTE // Financial Planning;Apr99, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p83
Focuses on the plans of Generation Xers to rely on their own resources than on Social Security to fund their retirement. Attitude toward their investments; Difficulty in tailoring financial services to Generation X; Issues that financial planners may face in counseling the group.