The Globalization of Financial Planning
- Crossing Industry Lines: Convergence Products Target Convenience. Blowers, Sean // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;8/13/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 33, p14
Focuses on the emergence of convergence products on the financial services industry in the United States. Concept involved in convergence products; Benefits of the products to consumers; Tips on marketing convergence products.
- What Estate Planners Will Be Doing in 10 Years (or Not). Kurlowicz, Ted T. // Journal of Financial Service Professionals;Jan2005, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p66
Estate planners have a timeless role of preserving their clients' estates. The services and techniques employed have adapted to changing conditions and will continue to do so. Forecasts of future services and techniques are most reliable if demographic, social, economic, and governmental trends...
- Â£80m to improve financial capability. Salmon, James // Money Marketing;3/30/2006, p8
The article reports that the Great Britain Financial Services Authority has unveiled a project to improve financial capability, which includes training teachers to teach personal finance to secondary school students in England. It also include changes in its web site and publications for...
- Use Estate Planning and Improve Your Bottom Line. Phillips, John // Advisor Today;Feb2004, Vol. 99 Issue 2, p56
Features Achieving Success, a new Programs in a Box which offers outstanding sales ideas for insurance and financial professionals pertaining to the use of estate planning. Selection of topics included in the program; Relevant features of the program; Significance of estate planning.
- Special Needs: Unique Considerations. Stimpson, Jeff // Practical Accountant;May2001, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p24
Discusses important issues involved in financial planning for families of children with special needs (SN). Benefits of regular financial planning; Written master plan that expresses the family's wishes for the future of the child; Tests of income and assets; Picking a guardian; Age of parents...
- Friendly future for fees. Lewis-Ranwell, Jill // Money Marketing;4/25/2002, p46
Examines financial planning for children in the United Kingdom. Responsibility of the industry in making clients aware of the future needs of children; Results of a survey on how children's savings plans are being used; Discussion on relatively short-term savings.
- The retirement rush. Longo, Tracey // Financial Planning;Sep97, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p39
Discusses the implications to financial planners' businesses of the first wave of baby boomers reaching retirement age in 2011. Projected outpacing of accumulations by distribution of peoples' assets; Financial planners' competition with mutual fund companies, brokerage firms and bank for the...
- How to Avoid Probate. // Advisor Today;May2001, Vol. 96 Issue 5, p35
Deals with a video presentation sponsored by the Society of Financial Service Professionals which demonstrated probate in estate planning. How to avoid probate; Importance of the financial advisor's involvement in the estate-planning process.
- CII gets to the core with proposals for level four. Blackmore, Nicole // Money Marketing;6/4/2009, p13
The article reports on the plan of the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) to add three subjects for Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) level four diploma in financial planning in Great Britain. CII proposes to include fundamental subjects, products and their uses, and personal financial...