The Effect of the Secondary Market in Life Insurance on Estate Planning
- Playing the DEATH POOL. Panko, Ron // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Apr99, Vol. 99 Issue 12, p21
Reports that a highly entrepreneurial secondary market for life insurance policies is causing uncertainty and concern among regulators and insurers. Problems in the secondary market for life policies; Efforts to safeguard sellers of life insurance policies; Controversy surrounding the...
- Estate Solutions Wants Folks to Get More Life Out of Life Insurance. // Bank Investment Consultant;Sep2000, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p22
Discusses the role of life insurance in estate planning. Possibility of converting life insurance policies into investments; Use of life insurance policies by financial advisors; Comments of chief Executive Officer of Estate Solutions on a client's case.
- An Alternative Estate Planning Tool. Sinclair, Jack V. // Advisor Today;Dec2000, Vol. 95 Issue 12, p44
Presents information on the use of a life settlement transaction as an option in financial and estate planning. Overall concept of a life settlement; Factors for qualifying; How to remove a policy from an estate; Tax consequences from the transaction.
- There Will Still Be Life In Life Insurance. Brostoff, Steven // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;5/14/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 20, p4
Focuses on the use of life insurance for estate planning in the United States. Identification of the expenses paid by life insurance; Discussion on the non-estate tax reasons for using life insurance in estate planning; Factors that make net worthy people attracted to private placement life...
- Planning with life insurance. Hochberg, R. Mark // FW;7/4/95, Vol. 164 Issue 15, p88
Discusses the role of life insurance in estate planning. Source of payment for estate taxes; Other tax benefits; Person an individual should name as owner and beneficiary; Irrevocable insurance trust; Trustee of the insurance trust.
- The unwanted partner. MCLAUGHLIN, LIAM J.; ZERAFA, MICHELE J. // Westchester County Business Journal;10/24/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 43, p20
The article focuses on the importance of buy-and-sell agreement in estate planning, which provides continuity of the business upon death of a partner, wherein life insurance is an important factor in the buy-and-sell planning.
- Liquid estates are no bar to sales. Gallagher, Hill // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;9/19/94, Vol. 98 Issue 38, p7
Reports on the role of life insurance in estate planning in the United States. Payment of premiums; Need for life insurance; Best customers for life insurance.
- Mathematical Validation For Using Life Insurance In Estate Planning. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;6/24/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 25, p27
Explains a mathematical validation that can be used for life insurance in estate planning. Basic estate planning issues; Information on the leverage effect; Method of computing life insurance cost based on age.
- Estate Planning With No-Lapse Guarantees. OLIVER, JOHN // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;2/1/99, Vol. 103 Issue 5, p11
Discusses information on estate planning with no-lapse options offered by life insurance carriers. Complaint about life insurance policy owned by an irrevocable trust; Hypothetical scenario on how no-lapse guarantees work; How to avoid annual gifting.