The Perfect Bill
- Report: CRA Rules Need Tightening. Blackwell, Rob // American Banker;3/4/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 42, p19
Cites a report by National Training and Information Center suggesting changes to community reinvestment rules in the U.S. Issues to be addressed in Home Mortgage Disclosure Act; Need to provide additional information regarding the nonbank predatory lenders' affiliation with banks.
- `Decade of punishment' for thrifts near end, veteran lobbyist feels. // American Banker;11/2/93, Vol. 158 Issue 210, p8
Reports on the improvement in lawmakers' attitude towards the thrift industry. Lawmakers' reluctance in being identified with the industry; Reagan administration's proposal for a $15 billion industry-financed cash infusion; President George Bush's rescue plan for the industry calling for $50...
- N.C. thrift regulators and depositors lobby House panel on conversion bill. Meredith, Robyn // American Banker;1/21/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 14, p3
Reports on the protest of the North Carolina thrift regulators over the proposed Mutual Bank Conversion Act that would regulate the first-time sale of stock by mutual thrifts. Depositors' lobby for a more stringent bill; Provisions of the bill; Merger conversions in the state of North Carolina.
- Presumptive Merit–A New Era for Arizona Securities Laws. Kant, Robert S.; Harris, Jean E. // Business Lawyer;May90, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p1347
Reports the enactment of the legislation designed to reduce the impact of merit review offerings in Arizona. Identification of the legislation as the Capital Formation Bill; Objective of the legislation to foster capital formation and business growth; Protection against fraudulent activities in...
- Inside out. Funk, Dale // Electrical Wholesaling;Aug98, Vol. 79 Issue 8, p24
Reports that United States House of Representatives voted to eliminate a requirement, Sales Incentive Compensation Act, that companies pay overtime pay to salespeople. Statement from the bill's supporters; Reaction of the National Electrical Distributors (NAED).
- Remarks on the Proposed `Work Incentives Improvement Act'. Clinton, William J. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;6/21/99, Vol. 35 Issue 24, p1113
Presents the text of a speech given by United States President Bill Clinton on June 15, 1999 regarding his views on work incentives improvement legislation.
- Statement on the Proposed `Work Incentives Improvement Act'. Clinton, William J. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;6/21/99, Vol. 35 Issue 24, p1121
Presents the text of a statement made by United States President Bill Clinton on June 16, 1999 regarding the proposed Work Incentives Improvement Act.
- Remarks on Signing the Ticket to Work and Work Incentives Improvement Act of 1999. Clinton, William J. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;12/20/99, Vol. 35 Issue 50, p2629
Presents the text of the remarks given by United States President Bill Clinton on December 17, 1999 regarding the signing of a legislation with respect to work incentives.
- Govt incentives can help. // Finance Week;9/28/2001, p56
Examines the benefits of using the government incentive scheme for product development, marketing and exports in South Africa. Promotional scheme of the Department of Trade and Industry to promote exports; Applicability of the scheme for agricultural enterprises; Recommendations to investigate...