- Will Bush and Cheney be next? // Westchester County Business Journal;4/5/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 14, p53
Reports on news items concerning business and politics in U.S. as April 5, 2004. Possibility that U.S. President George W. Bush and Vice President Richard Cheney will speak privately before the Commission on Terrorist Attacks; Sales initiative and processing deal signed by Penn Treaty American...
- Experts Testify Against Last-Minute Bush Regs Permitting 401(k) Advice. Bridgeford, Lydell C. // Money Management Executive;3/30/2009, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p1
The article reports on the implications of the testimonies of experts regarding former U.S. President George W. Bush's regulation on 401(K) advice. It stresses that the regulation allows financial advisers to increase their fees which could complicate the product with financial interests. It...
- Elections and asset industry. Burr, Barry B. // Pensions & Investments;10/16/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 21, p10
Editorial. Focuses on the effects of the November 2000 presidential elections in the United States on asset managers and brokers. Impact of the elections on financial services; Plans of presidential candidates Al Gore and George W. Bush.
- The Impact of the 2003 Tax Act. Feely, Pam // Advisor Today;Sep2003, Vol. 98 Issue 9, p24
Focuses on the Jobs and Growth Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2003 signed by U.S. President George W. Bush. Effect of the tax treatment of dividends and capital gains created by the act on the investment choices made by financial advisors and their clients; Change in the selection of...
- AMT 'Patch' Faces Uncertain Future in Senate. Hunter, Pam // ENR: Engineering News-Record;11/19/2007, Vol. 259 Issue 18, p11
The article reports on a bill being pushed by the Democrats through the U.S. House that would shield 21 million people from the alternative minimum tax (AMT) for one year. Report says the Republicans are opposing the bill and President George W. Bush has threatened a veto because the measure...
- Q: Will President Bush's stance on Taiwan undermine democracy in East Asia? Yes. Tkacik Jr., John J. // Insight on the News;1/20/2004, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p46
Presents opinion on the position of U.S. President George W. Bush regarding Taiwan's independence. Investments of Taiwan in China; Threats posed by China; Information on the economic relations of the U.S. with Taiwan.
- Remarks on Kosovo and an Exchange With Reporters in Dar es Salaam. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;2/25/2008, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p236
The article presents the text of an exchange of U.S. President George W. Bush with reporters in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, February 19, 2008, following his remarks on Kosovo. U.S. President Bush emphasized the stand of the U.S. on Kosovo Independence. He also discussed the effect of the stand of...
- Bush's tremors could mean disaster for Dems. Kremer, Jerry // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);6/20/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 26, p41A
Comments on the political initiative of President George W. Bush in the U.S. Nomination of right-leaning judicial candidates for federal positions; Transfer of the prescription drug program for senior citizens to the private pharmaceutical firms; Taxation plans.
- Political inteference in American science. McKee, Martin; Novotny, Thomas E. // European Journal of Public Health;Dec2003, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p289
Discusses information on the political interference by U.S. President George W. Bush's administration on science in the U.S. Scientific issues handled by presidential administrations in the U.S.; Strategies used by the Bush administration in handling scientific information; Reason for the...