Utility News Helps Bring Tight Bids to California Market
- Portfolios Experience Inflows of $13.9B. Briggs, Amanda // Bond Buyer;11/21/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31767, p32
Reports on the net inflow of the money market funds in the U.S. Overall fund assets; Tax-free funds' average annualized yield; Net inflow of institutional tax-free funds; Assets in taxable funds.
- Performance and persistence in money market fund returns. Domian, Dale L.; Reichenstein, William // Financial Services Review;1997, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p169
Reports on a study which examined the factors which influenced the cross section of the returns of money market mutual funds, during 1990 to 1994. Importance of the expense ratio; Indepth look at government-only funds; Methodology used to conduct the study; Results of the study.
- With inflows off, managers grapple with paltry yields. Karchmer, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;07/09/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30679, p9
Focuses on money-market fund trends in the United States for July 9, 1999. Difficulty of investment trends due to the taxable yields' outperformance of tax-exempts; Yields on daily variable-rate demand notes.
- Managers find unpredictability is the only sure bet. Ryst, Sonja; McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/01/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30738, p9
Reports on the performance of money market funds in the United States as of October 1, 1999. Effects of the looming instability of the Year 2000 date conversion; Liquidity strategy in uncertain times.
- Money-market mutual funds. Mathis, Marylin G. // Banking;Jul75, Vol. 67 Issue 7, p60
Presents information on money market mutual funds. Types of instruments invested in by money market mutual funds; Details of the operation of money market mutual funds; Factors that influence the popularity of money market mutual funds.
- Banks profit from a jump in money funds' popularity. Merrill, Cristina // American Banker;1/24/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 15, p1
Reports on the boom in money market funds in the United States. Impact of money market funds' growth on banks' operations; Reasons for the popularity of money market funds; Profitability of money market funds.
- Money fund assets rose 0.6% in week. Kimelman, John // American Banker;10/23/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 204, p16
Reports on the increase in money market mutual fund assets in the United States in the week ended October 18, 1995.
- Fund assets jump 3 ... in a month, but money market total slides. // American Banker;10/4/1993, Vol. 158 Issue 190, p14
Updates on performance of mutual and money market funds in August, 1993 according to the Investment Company Institute. Rise in overall assets and decline in money market funds; Total sales in other categories; Sales excluding reinvested dividends; Others.
- Retail money fund assets up $166M in week. // American Banker;11/19/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 222, p18
Reports on the growth of the assets of the United States' retail money market mutual funds. Data as of November 13, 1996; Growth posted by each category.