Therapeutic potency of IL2â€“caspase 3 targeted treatment in a murine experimental model of inflammatory bowel disease
- Mucosal T Cell Proliferation and Apoptosis in Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Sturm, Andreas; De Souza, Heitor S. P.; Fiocchi, Claudio // Current Drug Targets;May2008, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p381
Both forms of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), Crohn's disease (CD) and ulcerative colitis (UC), represent prototypical conditions whose most salient features are the presence of chronic inflammation involving various parts of the intestinal tract and an increased risk of cancer, which is a...
- Fenotipo e historia natural de la enfermedad inflamatoria intestinal en un centro de referencia en Medellï¿½n-Colombia. Ba�os, Fabi�n Juliao; V�lez, Mario Hern�n Ruiz; Arango, Jos� Fernando Fl�rez; G�mez, Jorge Hernando Donado; Zuluaga, Juan Ignacio Mar�n; Arango, Claudia Monsalve; G�mez, Carlos Andr�s Jim�nez; Zapata, Yineth Agudelo; Velayos, Fernando S. // Revista Colombiana de Gastroenterologï¿½a;Jul2012, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p240
Worldwide the frequencies of inflammatory bowel disease, ulcerative colitis and Crohnï¿½s disease have all increased. In our own environment it has become necessary to establish the epidemiology of these entities and to determine their clinical and endoscopic behavior. Methodology: This is a...
- In siblings with similar genetic susceptibility for inflammatory bowel disease, smokers tend to develop Crohn's disease and non-smokers develop ulcerative colitis. Bridger, S.; Lee, J.C.W.; Bjarnason, I.; Lennard Jones, J.E.; Macpherson, A.J. // Gut;Jul2002, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p21
Background and aims: Smoking tobacco has opposite effects on the different forms of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). It predisposes to the development of Crohn's disease (CD) yet is associated with a reduced incidence of ulcerative colitis (UC). We have studied sib pairs discordant for both...
- Inflammatory bowel disease. O'Malley, John; Spinks, Julian // Pulse;5/25/2011, Vol. 71 Issue 19, p16
The article presents questions and answers related to irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), including the diagnostic process of IBD, what drug therapy to treat Crohn's disease, and the risk of cancer with ulcerative colitis.
- Inflammatory bowel diseases. // Mayo Clinic Health Letter;Oct2001, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p1
Discusses inflammatory bowel diseases. Etiology; Difference between Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis; Signs and symptoms; Diagnostic techniques; Cancer risks; Treatment strategies. INSET: Colon cancer risks..
- Kallikrein-kinin system activation in Crohnâ€™s disease: differences in intestinal and systemic markers Devani, Massimo; Cugno, Massimo; Vecchi, Maurizio; Ferrero, Stefano; Di Berardino, Federica; Avesani, Ettore Contessini; de Franchis, Roberto; Colman, Robert W. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Aug2002, Vol. 97 Issue 8, p2026
OBJECTIVES:Observations in experimental models and in human ulcerative colitis suggest that activation of the kallikrein-kinin system plays a role in the pathogenesis of inflammatory bowel disease. The aim of this study was to assess activation of the plasma and tissue kallikrein-kinin system in...
- Unlocking the secrets of IBD. SerVaas, Cory // Saturday Evening Post;Jan/Feb94, Vol. 266 Issue 1, p42
Presents interviews with seven inflammatory disease specialists. Case for cyclosporine; Tracing genetic links; Choosing the right treatment; Longevity, pregnancy and new drugs; Alternatives to lleostomy; Iron and IBD; What causes IBD? INSETS: Now in remission, by Patrick Perry.;A cse of the...
- A population-based study of familial clustering of inflammatory bowel disease in Florence. Palli, Domenico; Saieva, Calogero; Trallori, Giacomo; Bardazzi, Gabrielle; D'albasio, Guiseppe; Milla, Monica; Galli, Monica; Tarantino, Ottaviano; Pacini, Franco // European Journal of Public Health;Mar1997, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p109
Presents a study that investigated familial clustering of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) in Florence, Italy. Information on ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease; IBD diagnosis; Methods used in the study; Results and discussion.
- Inflammatory bowel disease. Veronesi, James // RN;May2003, Vol. 66 Issue 5, p38
Discusses two types of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD): Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis. Common signs and symptoms; Theories on the role of the immune system in the development of IBD; Distinctions between Crohn's and ulcerative colitis; Medical management; Surgical intervention;...