- Colecalciferol overdose. // Reactions Weekly;May2014, Vol. 1500 Issue 1, p15
An abstract of the article "Iatrogenic hypervitaminosis D as an unusual cause of persistent vomiting: A case report," by R. K. Bansal and colleagues is presented.
- Rimonabant. // Reactions Weekly;8/31/2013, Issue 1467, p34
The article discusses the case report of a 20-year-old woman who developed persistent vomiting during treatment with rimonabant.
- A toddler with persistent vomiting and diarrhoea. Cooper, C. P.; Kamath, K. R. // European Journal of Pediatrics;1998, Vol. 157 Issue 9, p775
Discusses the clinical case of a toddler with persistent vomiting and diarrhea. Diagnosis of intentional ipecac poisoning in any child; Complications of chronic ingestion; Diagnosis of Munchausen syndrome by proxy.
- A 9-week-old with persistent vomiting. Brien, James H. // Infectious Diseases in Children;Nov2009, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p6
The article describes the case of a 9-week-old boy who was admitted to the hospital for treatment of severe failure to thrive due to persistent vomiting.
- Theophylline overdose. // Reactions Weekly;6/23/2012, Issue 1407, p37
The article describes the case of a 15-year-old girl who developed persistent nausea and vomiting resistant to antiemetics after an intentional overdose with theophylline.
- PUZZLER. Toddler with vomiting after head injury. HIRAMATSU, MIKA // Contemporary Pediatrics;Nov2010, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p33
The article discusses the case of a toddler with persistent vomiting following a head trauma. The child has a history of otitis media. Head computed tomography (CT) scans revealed normal findings. However, urinalysis revealed high glucose and ketone levels. The persistent vomiting is due to...
- Old Man Presented with Thyrotoxic Vomiting. Al Sayed, Ahmed; Al Awadhi, Mahmoud // Journal of Medical Sciences;2007, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p920
Thyrotoxicsis has proved to be a challenging and intresting disorder. It can present in many ways though vomiting is uncommon as a main presenting symptom, which may lead to a delay in diagnosis. We are reporting a 74 years old male who presented with persistent vomiting, nausea and 10 kg weight...
- Recognizing gemcitabine-induced thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura. Mehta, Amit // Hem/Onc Today;12/10/2009, Vol. 10 Issue 23, p18
The article describes the case of a 46-year old white female patient who presented persistent nausea, vomiting and diarrhea, which are indicative of a gemcitabine-induced thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura.
- Traumatic Sequential Bilateral Extradural Haematomas in a Child. Connor, S. E. J.; Chandler, C.; Jarosz, J. M. // Acta Neurochirurgica;Jan2002, Vol. 144 Issue 1, p107
Discusses the case of a five-year-old girl admitted for persistent headaches and vomiting. Discovery of haematoma in the computed tomography; Repeat of brain surgery to remove another haematoma; Discharge of the patient after post operative recovery.
- Adult Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome Successfully Treated with Intranasal Sumatriptan. Kowalczyk, Monika; Parkman, Henry; Ward, Lawrence // JGIM: Journal of General Internal Medicine;Jan2010, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p88
Cyclic vomiting syndrome is an increasingly recognized cause of nausea and vomiting in adults. We report the case of a 47-year-old man with recurrent episodes of intractable nausea and vomiting for one year. His symptoms persisted for 4â€“7 days and then resolved spontaneously, only to...