- Acute small bowel obstruction due to ileal endometriosis: a case report and review of the most recent literature. Unalp, Haluk Recai; Akguner, Taner; Vavuzcai, Ali; Ekinci, Nese // Vojnosanitetski Pregled: Military Medical & Pharmaceutical Journ;Nov2012, Vol. 69 Issue 11, p1013
Introduction. Endometriosis is defined as the presence of benign endometrial glands and stroma outside the normal anatomical location. Endometriosis of the small bowel, especially symptomatic small bowel involvement, is very unusual. Case report. We presented a 45-year-old woman with acute...
- Adalimumab. // Reactions Weekly;5/4/2013, Issue 1451, p5
The article describes a case of a malignant melanoma in a 54-year-old woman receiving adalimumab for her ileal Crohn's disease.
- Infliximab. // Reactions Weekly;11/20/2010, Issue 1328, p24
The article describes the case of a 25-year-old woman who developed a diffuse erythematous annular rash after receiving mercaptopurine for ileal inflammation and stricturing.
- Tretinoin. // Reactions Weekly;7/30/2011, Issue 1362, p30
The article describes the case of a 38-year-old woman who developed ileal ulcer after starting tretinoin for acute promyelocytic leukemia.
- Adalimumab. // Reactions Weekly;9/18/2010, Issue 1319, p7
The article describes the case of a 32-year-old woman who was diagnosed with transient menorrhagia while taking adalimumab for ileal Crohn's disease.
- Clear Cell Sarcoma of the Ileum: Report of a Case and Review of the Literature. D’Amico, Francesco E.; Ruffolo, Cesare; Romeo, Salvatore; Massani, Marco; Dei Tos, Angelo P.; Bassi, Nicolò // International Journal of Surgical Pathology;Aug2012, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p401
The article presents a case study of a 69-year-old woman with an unremarkable past medical history who was admitted to the hospital with melena and chronic anemia requiring transfusion. The endoscopy test showed ileal lesion that was obstructing the intestinal lumen. The patient was operated...
- Superior Mesenteric Artery Syndrome after Ileal Pouch Anal Anastomosis. Truong, Annie R.; Rodriguez-Bigas, Miguel A.; Nguyen, Sa T.; Kaur, Harmeet; Ernst, Randy D.; You, Y. Nancy // American Surgeon;Jan2013, Vol. 79 Issue 1, pE14
The article mentions a case study in which a 29-year-old woman with a family history of colorectal cancer underwent a colonoscopy and was diagnosed with familial adenomatous polyposis (FAP). After the identification of an APC gene mutation, she chose to have a total proctocolectomy (TPC) and...
- Asymptomatic Ileal Carcinoid Detected During Colonoscopy. Lee, Jeffrey H.; Paterson, Joyce; Greisman, Harvey; Jacobsen, David; Farraye, Francis A. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Mar2000, Vol. 95 Issue 3, p851
Reports a case in which routine ileal examination during colonoscopy in an asymptomatic patient revealed a carcinoid tumor. Reason ileal intubation is often not performed by many gastroenterologists; Background of the case of a 55-year-old woman who underwent a colonoscopy because of a family...
- Ileal Perforation in a Young Female with Churg-Strauss Syndrome. Naruhiko Ikoma; Fischer, Uwe M.; Covinsky, Michael; Quesada, Andres E.; Gomez, Rene; McCray, Courtney; Warner, Noranna B.; Tien C. Ko // American Surgeon;Jan2014, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p94
This article describes a case study of Churg-Strauss syndrome (CSS) with ileal performation. The patient was a 19-year-old African American woman with a medical history of asthma and eosinophilic fasciitis. CSS is a rare type of necrotizing vasculitis affecting small to medium vessels. She was...
- Metastatic breast cancer presenting as a gallstone ileus. Sahebally, Shaheel M.; Sehgal, Rishabh; Kelly, Justin; Faul, Peter N.; Waldron, David // Journal of Surgical Case Reports;Dec2013, Vol. 2013 Issue 12, p1
Metastatic breast cancer to the small bowel (SB) presenting as gallstone ileus and resulting in SB obstruction has not been described previously. A 76-year-old woman with previous metastatic breast cancer to the axial spine and hips presented with abdominal pain and bilious vomiting. CT scanning...