Wal-Mart and Social Capital: Builder, Destroyer, or Both?
- WALMART NEWS. // MMR;9/20/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 14, p2
The article offers business-related news briefs in the U.S. including the Teacher Reward program of Wal-Mart Stores Inc., its collaboration with Mollen Immunization Clinics to offer flu shots, and the store's settlement of lawsuit connected with its withdrawal from the online DVD rental business.
- WALMART THROUGH THE YEARS. // Home Media Magazine;8/27/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 34, p18
A timeline is presented of events relevant to U.S. retailer Walmart including the opening of its first store in Arkansas in July 1962, official incorporation of Walmart stores in 1969 and its record annual sales in 1980.
- SN Price Check: Walmart, Safeway stand out in Washington, D.C. // Supermarket News Expert Blog;3/25/2014, p22
The article offers information on the pricing comparison of several retailers in the U.S., as of March 2014, including Walmart and Safeway.
- Walmart is D.C. price leader. // SN: Supermarket News;9/8/2014, Vol. 62 Issue 16, p20
The article reports that retailer Wal-Mart Stores Inc. dominated on price during mystery shops conducted at a Walmart, Food Lion, Safeway and Giant Food retail store in Washington D.C.
- Walmart low-price leader in LA. // SN: Supermarket News;6/23/2014, Vol. 62 Issue 12, p18
The article reports that baskets from retailer Wal-Mart Stores Inc. had the most lowest-priced items during mystery shops conducted recently at a Los Angeles Walmart, Vons, Ralphs and Target in California.
- RETAIL: NEWS WATCH. // SN: Supermarket News;8/22/2011, Vol. 59 Issue 34, p4
The article offers news briefs related to the U.S. retail industry including support for Wal-Mart Stores Inc. in New York City, Kroger workers in the Ohio Valley rejecting contract, and former U.S. Foodservice marketing executive Mark Kaiser being pleaded guilty.
- Yes, But... Marks, Jennifer // Home Textiles Today;9/2/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 20, p4
The article presents author's views on American multinational retail firm Wal-Mart Stores Inc.'s announcement in January 2013 that it will buy additional 50 billion dollars in the U.S. made products in domestic retail industry and comments that the best will be if other retailers follow it.
- Execution in Perishables Section Honed. // MMR;12/9/2013, Vol. 30 Issue 20, p78
The article offers information on the produces of the American multinational retail corporation Wal-Mart Stores Inc. for maintaining and monitoring the quality and specifications of its products.
- Electronics Strategy Sharpened. // MMR;12/9/2013, Vol. 30 Issue 20, p90
The article informs that American multinational retail company Wal-Mart Stores Inc. has observed decline in the sale of electronics and entertainment products in second quarter of 2013 and also mentions the comments of president and chief executive officer of the company Bill Simon on the issue.