What Matters More in Growth Companies: The Leader or the Idea?
- BioTech's New Business Model. Puisis, John // Pharmaceutical Executive;Oct2001, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p58
Discusses how the biotechnology industry's evolution has affected its leadership. Performance of the industry's initial public offerings in 2000; Key external factor influencing the industry's performance; Issue influencing the definition of success in the industry; Leadership characteristics...
- Prada IPO A No-Go For Now. Roberts, Andrew // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/19/2008, Vol. 196 Issue 61, p2
The article reports on the decision made by fashion group Prada SpA in Italy to list an initial public offering (IPO) until the financial markets have recovered. The company has seen growth from January to June 2008, including an 11% increase in retail sales. It aims to maintain its retail sales...
- Mistakes of the IPO. Rosenbaum, Michael // Management Review;Apr89, Vol. 78 Issue 4, p59
Reports on key issues and developments relevant to initial public offerings (IPO). Factors influencing IPO; Advantages and disadvantages of IPO; Implications for business growth and development.
- Open Sesame. Sun Bing // China Pictorial;Nov2014, Vol. 797, p66
The article presents the corporate profile of Alibaba Group Holding Ltd., the largest electronic commerce company and the second largest internet firm based in China. Topics discussed include the background of the company, its growth and development, its attribution of success to its devotion to...
- Physicians Formula, Bare Escentuals Eye IPO. Prior, Molly // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/8/2006, Vol. 192 Issue 51, p14
The article reports on the decision of beauty retailers, Physicians Formula and Bare Escentuals, to file initial public offerings in the U.S. as of September 8, 2006. The two beauty firms have garnered attention for their successes in their respective retail channels, particularly with mineral...
- A Spring in Their Steps. HAIRE, THOMAS // Response;Dec2015, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p20
The article discusses the success achieved by mobile internet access provider Boingo Wireless by focusing its services on customers through direct performance-based marketing. It states that the company's growth has been achieved through the efforts made by chief marketing officer Dawn Callahan...
- Self-discipline, commitment make a company built to last. Bourque, Ron // New Hampshire Business Review;06/30/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 14, p14
Discusses the methods of attaining success in business. Deterioration of business ethics in the modern era; Role of initial public offerings on a business' success; Factors that should be considered by businesses to last in the industry.
- Firms owe investors more than rising stocks. Champy // San Diego Business Journal;10/11/99, Vol. 20 Issue 41, p26
Focuses on what a company that goes public owes to its investors. Standard of performance that will generate equity growth in the long term; Provision of investors with profits; Reasons why companies go public; Need for a company to deliver good management in order to make profits; Investors'...
- Survey: Tech, energy will lead way in IPO rebound. Tarbous, Ken // njbiz;1/9/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p11
The article presents the findings of the 2012 BDO initial public offerings (IPO) Outlook survey that revealed that 73 percent of the investment bankers surveyed expect technology companies to lead the growth in IPOs, followed by the energy and natural resources companies.