Hydroxyurea-induced ulcers on the leg
- White cell accumulation in dependent legs of patients with venous hypertension: a possible mechanism for trophic changes in the skin. Thomas, P.R.S.; Nash, G.B.; Dormandy, J.A. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);6/18/1988, Vol. 296 Issue 6638, p1693
Examines the correlation between chronic venous insufficiency, venous hypertension and ulceration of legs. Accumulation of white cells in the dependent legs of patients with chronic venous hypertension; Influence of the plugging of capillaries in the development of ischaemia; Use of laser...
- Economics of Quality Ulcer Care. Kerstein, Morris D. // Dermatology Nursing;Feb2003, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p59
Deals with the quality care cost of venous leg ulcers. Standard care for leg ulcers; Considerations for the increased demand for wound care; Discussion on cost considerations.
- Availability of and Access to Orphan Drugs: An International Comparison of Pharmaceutical Treatments for Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension, Fabry Disease, Hereditary Angioedema and Chronic Myeloid Leukaemia. Blankart, Carl Rudolf; Stargardt, Tom; Schreyögg1,2, Jonas // PharmacoEconomics;2011, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p63
Background: Market authorization does not guarantee patient access to any given drug. This is particularly true for costly orphan drugs because access depends primarily on co-payments, reimbursement policies and prices. The objective of this article is to identify differences in the availability...
- Dasatinib. // Reactions Weekly;8/13/2011, Issue 1364, p17
The article describes the case of an elderly man who developed precapillary pulmonary hypertension after receiving dasatibib for chronic myeloid leukemia.
- Pseudotumor cerebri after treatment of relapsed acute promyelocytic leukemia with arsenic trioxide. Galm, O; Fabry, U; Osieka, R // Leukemia (08876924);Feb2000, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p343
Focuses on the effect of arsenic trioxide in pseudotumor cerebri in relapsed acute promyelocytic leukemia (APL). Side effects of arsenic trioxide; Case report of a woman suffering from APL; Treatment given to the patient.
- Sarcoma granulocÃtico en una paciente con leucemia mieloide crÃ³nica. Esper, Raúl Carrillo; Sánchez, Patricia Estévez; Bermejo, Jimena Muciño // Revista de la Facultad de Medicina de la UNAM;Ene/Feb2012, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p22
Granulocytic sarcoma is an uncommon and localized extra-medullary tumor composed of immature granulocytic cells. It may present in patiens with acute myeloid leukaemia, myelodysplastic syndrome or chronic myelogenous leukaemia. It may occur in any anatomical site. We report on the case of a 41...
- Omacetaxine Shows Clinical Activity in T315I+CML. // MD Conference Express;Jul2009, p20
The article presents a study which shows that omacetaxine mepesuccinate has clinical activity in chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) with mutation of T315I. The study, presented by Doctor of Medicine Jorge Cortes of Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas, found that complete hematological response...
- Hydroxycarbamide. // Reactions Weekly;9/16/2006, Issue 1119, p13
The article provides information on four case reports of patients who developed perimalleolar ulcers during treatment with hydroxycarbamide for chronic myeloid leukemia or polycythaemia vera. The association between the use of the drug hydroxycarbamide in various treatments and the development...
- Leg ClubÂ® news. // British Journal of Community Nursing;Dec2008 Supplement, Vol. 13, pS5
The article presents information on the two day Leg Club conference related to leg ulcers that took place at Worcester, England on 1st and 2nd October 2008. The first day involved workshops with delegates attending on a rotational basis throughout the day. The workshops were designed to be...