YOU SCHMOOZE, YOU WIN
Tags: SOCIAL networks
- Tips on working the room. Gitomer, Jeffrey // Central New Jersey Business;5/3/95, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p33
Presents tips for effective networking. Positioning of self by the entrance to scan for prospects; Spending time with people you don't know; Building up of existing relationships; Knowing about the customer; Choice between establishing rapport and business.
- Hooking up. Wright, Andrea // Essence (Essence);Sep95, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p118
Enumerates ways to meet people. Cyberspace; Community-service activities; Organizations; Book clubs.
- Action. // New Internationalist;Dec95, Issue 274, p30
Presents a list of support groups for Tibet worldwide. Includes Friends of Tibet of New Zealand; Australian Tibet Council; Tibet Support Group of Great Britain.
- Guilt-free networking. Godfrey, Joline // Women in Business;Sep/Oct93, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p14
Outlines three elements of effective networking that can make a difference in your business and your personal life. Know what networks can do; Know your networks; Cultivate your networks.
- Fitting networking into your life. Baber, Anne; Waymon, Lynne // Women in Business;Nov/Dec94, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p13
Offers tips on how to build networking into the things you already do. Sharing your friends; Speaking up; Systematizing; Showing up; Seizing the moment. INSET: Networking through ABWA works! (American Business Women's....
- THE LIST NETWORKING GROUPS. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);9/19/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 38, pP34
A list of networking groups in Las Vegas, Nevada is presented which includes Cosmopolitan Connections Inc., BOMA Nevada and Commercial Marketing Group.
- The art of networking. Nierenberg, Andrea // Sell!ng;Jul98, Vol. 5 Issue 12, p1
Presents information on how to improve your networking skills. Benefits of good networking; Need for persons to know their contacts; Importance of seeing the potential in a networking situation.
- 'Facebook' Tops Search Terms. // Credit Union Magazine;Feb2010, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p43
The article focuses on the recognition of Facebook as the most search social network site in 2009 in the U.S.
- Agency and Constitutional Ordering in Networks: A Case Study of the Port Wine Industry. Araujo, Luis; Brito, Carlos // International Studies of Management & Organization;Winter97/98, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p22
Illustrates the interplay between agency and constitutional ordering in an interorganizational network. Mobilization of interests and the development of collective action; Implications of collective actions.
- Network more effectively with this checklist. Ransley, Derek L. // Research Technology Management;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p12
Presents a checklist on how to network more effectively. Attitude; Planning; Developing networks; Meeting people; Common courtesy.