Pennsylvania PUC Approves Rate Increase for Troubled Gas Works Utility
- PENNSYLVANIA: PGW's Progress. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;10/22/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31248, p38
Reports on the financial condition of public utility, Philadelphia Gas Works PGW, in Pennsylvania in the wake of a favorable union contract and base rate increase. Multi-million dollar base rate increase that PGW has asked the state Public Utility Commission for; Annual savings that the utility...
- PA Files Complaint In Fatal Incident. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Jan2012, Vol. 239 Issue 1, p10
The article reports that Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission filed a complaint against Philadelphia Gas Works Inc. (PGW) for alleged failure of PGW to properly follow procedures in relation to the January 18, 2011 gas explosion that killed PGW worker Mark Keeley and injured five other employees.
- Philadelphia Plans to Sell Gas Works. Slavin, Robert // Bond Buyer;3/4/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34069, p1
The article focuses on the selling agreement of Philadelphia Gas Works Inc. for 1.86 billion U.S. dollars to the energy firm UIL Holdings Corp. as announced by Philadelphia mayor Michael Nutter in Pennsylvania as of March 2014. Topics discussed include the views of Philadelphia treasurer Nancy...
- Editor's Notebook. Share, Jeff // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Feb2012, Vol. 239 Issue 2, p2
The article offers the author's perspective on whether U.S. cities could own gas utilities. He cites the report from the periodical "Philadelphia Inquirer" which states that the members of the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission (PUC) are disappointed with the lagging study on the...
- Philadelphia Keeping Troubled Gas Works, for Now. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;11/21/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31518, p3
Reports on decision of Philadelphia Mayor John Street to not privatize the gas utility Philadelphia Gas Works. Problems faced by the gas utility company; Bonds to be issued by the company in December 2002; Outstanding debts of the gas utility.
- Philly gas seeks trade partners. // PHC Profit Report;Jan97, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p11
Reports that Philadelphia Gas Works held a vendor open house on December 11, 1996.
- Philadelphia utility skims service pacts. Mader, Robert P. // Contractor Magazine;Oct96, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p1
Announces the availability of cheap service contracts for gas furnaces and heaters, from the Philadelphia Gas Works under their Residential Parts & Labor Plan. Coverage of the plan; Period of promotion run; Guarantees offered to customers of the Residential Parts & Labor Plan; Number of...
- API-PA: OVER $224 MILLION INVESTED IN PENNSYLVANIA COMMUNITIES BY ENERGY PRODUCERS THIS YEAR. // Fuel Oil News;May2014, Vol. 79 Issue 5, p12
The article reports that Penssylvania Public Utility Commision will distribute more than 224 million U.S. dollars to local communities through the fees paid by natural gas producers under Act 13 as shale energy production generates huge revenues and drives job growth for Pennsylvania.
- Warm Winters, Debt Burden Push Philadelphia Gas Works to Brink. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;2/21/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31329, p1
Reports on the burden of outstanding debt of the gas company Philadelphia Gas Works (PGW) in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, faced by its officials. Reason for the rising debt; Cause of borrowing funds from Public Utilities Commission by PGW in 2001; Comments of several U.S. rating agencies on the...