Party Leaders Name Seven New Faces to the Senate Finance Committee
- Finance panel gets deputy chief of staff. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;11/02/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30512, p5
Announces the appointment of Joan Kois Woodward as the Senate Finance Committee's deputy chief of staff. Woodward's responsibilities; Woodward's profile.
- Senate Panel Sets Nominee Hearings. Blackwell, Rob // American Banker;3/28/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 60, p4
Reports that the United States Senate Finance Committee is scheduled to begin confirmation hearings for several key Treasury Department nominees on March 29, 2001, including University of Chicago law professor, Kenneth W. Dam for deputy secretary and David D. Anheuser for general counsel.
- AIDE RETURNS. Young, Jeffrey // Hill;2/27/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 22, p14
The article announces the return of Liz Fowler as senior counsel of the Senate Finance Committee of the U.S. Congress after more than two years of working as a consultant for the firm Health Policy Alternatives. According to committee chairman Max Baucus, Fowler is welcome to come back because...
- We are still full throttle at Senate Finance Committee. Baucus, Max // Hill;6/4/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 64, p30
The article reports on several accomplishments of the U.S. Senate Finance Committee in 2008 including the rebate program, legislation on tax relief for military families, and healthcare reform.
- Healthcare, texting and Afghanistan. // Hill;10/13/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 117, p16
The author reflects on the development of the votation on the health care reform legislation by the U.S. Senate Finance Committee.
- Ad tax legislation has advertisers on edge. Weinstein, Deborah // Medical Marketing & Media;Feb2014, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p11
The article focuses on a clause in a draft proposal by the U.S. Senate Finance Committee by which business will not be able to write off advertising expenses as a cost of doing business.
- RAC overhaul bill approved. Mongan, Emily // McKnight's Long-Term Care News;Jul2015, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p2
The article reports that the legislation related to the Medicare payments handled by the Recovery Audit Contractors has been approved by the U.S. Senate Finance Committee and mentions that the Office of Medicare Hearings and Appeals (OMHA) can process several appeals annually.
- Waste, Fraud, and Abuse. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;3/13/2013, Vol. 309 Issue 10, p973
The article informs that members of the U.S. Senate Finance Committee has outlines recommendations from more than 160 stakeholders in the health care community regarding ways to improve federal efforts to tackel waste, fraud, and abuse in the Medicare and Medicaid programs in the U.S.
- On the Move. Hopkins, Christopher Snow; Magner, Mike // National Journal;2/16/2013, p1
The article announces the appointment of notable personalities in U.S. government, including Amber Cottle as Democratic staff director for the Senate Finance Committee, Nancy-Ann DeParle as scholar at the Brookings Institute and Jonathan Pershing as deputy assistant secretary for climate at the...