Diverse Needs, Huge Costs
- Grinnell, Iowa library vote. // Library Journal;5/15/1978, Vol. 103 Issue 10, p1017
Reports on Grinnell, Iowa voters' approval of the proposed bond issue for the renovation of the main library.
- Referendum okayed in Rowan. // Library Journal;8/1/1986, Vol. 111 Issue 13, p28
Reports that voters in Rowan County, North Carolina has approved a $2.6 million bond issue to expand the library headquarters in Salisbury.
- Phoenix votes $2.1 million bond. // Library Journal;10/15/1979, Vol. 104 Issue 18, p2162
Reports that the passage of a multipurpose bond package will provide millions to Phoenix, Arizona's library system. Plans for the disbursement of the fund.
- Omaha votes a new library. // Library Journal;1/1/1979, Vol. 104 Issue 1, p14
Reports that local residents have voted in favor of an $800,000 bond issue for the construction of a library in Omaha, Nebraska.
- $3.5 million for Iowa library. // Library Journal;1/1/1979, Vol. 104 Issue 1, p14
Reports on voters' approval of a $3.5 million bond issue to build a library in Iowa City, Iowa.
- Illinois referenda scoreboard. // Library Journal;4/1/1977, Vol. 102 Issue 7, p755
Reports on the success rate of referenda for bond issues that will finance public libraries in Illinois during fiscal year 1976.
- Oklahoma bond try fails. // Library Journal;3/15/1979, Vol. 104 Issue 6, p672
Reports on the defeat of a bond proposal for the library improvement of the Metropolitan Library System of Oklahoma City.
- Voters Pass $40M Houston PL Bond. Rogers, Michael; Oder, Norman // Library Journal;12/1/2001, Vol. 126 Issue 20, p14
Reports that voters in Houston, Texas passed a bond issue to improve facilities at the Houston Public Library. Strategy which calls for new or expanded branch libraries, renovations, and more; Collections goals of the library; Bond issues for libraries around the United States.
- New Orleans building $$. // Library Journal;4/1/1977, Vol. 102 Issue 7, p755
Reports on voter approval for a bond issue that will finance the opening of a library building that will replace the Robert E. Smith branch library's headquarters in New Orleans, Louisiana.