Turning Green to Gold
- Air University launches course for newly commissioned officers. // Airman;Sep98, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p13
Reports on Montgomery, Alabama-based Air University's launching of an extensive seven-week test course at the Maxwell Air Force Base. Focus of the course curriculum; Emphasis on the importance of unity among commissioned officers.
- Officer professional development for lieutenants. Ullman, Bruce L. // Airpower Journal;Fall90, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p14
Discusses the creation of the Officer Professional Development (OPD) Working Group in the US Air Force focusing on the training and education of lieutenants. Philosophy; Effect on the mission; Goals and initiatives of the OPD; OPD recommendations for precommissioning programs; Professional...
- The power of the learning contract emerges once again. Iverson, Carol M. // Adult Learning;Jan/Feb95, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p15
Presents the United States Air Force's advanced training course for its officers called Advanced Communications-Computer Systems Officer Training (ACOT) which have produced final products ranging from a technology assessment of a public school district to a student text and diorama for another...
- JPATS update. // Naval Aviation News;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 77 Issue 3, p8
Reports on the delay of the selection of the winning selector for the Joint Primary Aircraft Training System. Extension of the stretch of buy to 20 years.
- Unmanned Cargo Vehicle Operator: A Scenario. Currie, Karen W. // Futurist;Jan/Feb2011, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p37
A letter is presented narrating the training of Air and Space Basic in the U.S. Air and Space Force.
- Beyond One-Dimensional Thinking. Bartley, Keith // Officer;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 87 Issue 4, p8
A letter to the editor is presented concerning the Individual Mobilization Augmentee (IMA) and Participating Individual Ready (PIRR) programs in the U.S. Airforce.
- What's a squadron FSO to do? Richardson, John // Flying Safety;Nov94, Vol. 50 Issue 11, p22
Focuses on the duties of a squadron Flying Safety Officer (FSO) in the United States. Need for an FSO officer to be trained to manage a safety program; Elements of a safety program as outlined in AFI 91-202 `The US Air Force Mishap Prevention Program'; Major activities for safety.
- Air Force's newest officer school opens. Burdette, Roger // Officer;Oct99, Vol. 75 Issue 9, p16
Reports on the opening of the United States Air Force Aerospace Basic Course. Focus of the course curriculum; Number of officers planned to be graduated from the course.
- Creating civilian leaders: Air force and learning institutions. Stupak, Ronald J. // Public Manager;Winter96/97, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p48
Focuses on the efficacy of the United States Air Force Long-Term Full-Time Training (LTFT) for Mid- Level Managers Program. Information on the training; What is the difference between leadership and management; Details on the elements of management and leadership.