A Christmas Story
- Air Force names first woman as top chaplain. // Christian Century;7/4/2001-7/11/2001, Vol. 118 Issue 20, p12
Features Lorraine K. Potter, the first woman to be named chief of chaplains for the United States Air Force. Number of active duty, guard and reserve chaplains Potter will train; Achievements of Potter; Vocation of Potter.
- Chaplain Target In Pearl Harbor Attack. // Priest;Dec2012, Vol. 68 Issue 12, p54
The article profiles Monsignor Terence Patrick Finnegan, a chief of U.S. Air Force chaplains during World War II which includes information on his education, his foray into the U.S. army and work as U.S. military chaplain.
- Airborne Spirit. Hayward, George // Airman;Apr99, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p26
Profiles Chaplain (Capt.) Shannon Philio, the first United States Air Force chaplain on permanent jump status. His career background; Comments from Colonel Eric Rosborg, commander of Pope's 18th ASOG; Spiritual air support.
- Adopted Roots. Tudor, Jason // Airman;Dec2001, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p38
Features the family of United States (U.S.) Air Force Chaplain Philip and Sandy Guin. Reason for the decision of the couple d to adopt children; Problems with the adoption process in the U.S.; Description of their family life. INSET: Law provides families reimbursement for adoption.
- U. S. Army Family Life Training Graduates Seven. // Infantry;Sep/Oct2005, Vol. 94 Issue 5, p6
The article reports on the welcoming of the members of the U.S. Army Chaplain Family Life Training Program into the ranks of those chaplains, who will join the Army and Air Force units from Alaska to Italy, and from Louisiana to Germany, on August 4, 2005. Chaplain (Lt. Col.) Thomas C. Waynick,...
- Loyalty test. Sehested, Ken // Christian Century;3/2/94, Vol. 111 Issue 7, p212
Reports on the discharge proceedings against Air Force chaplain Lieutenant Colonel Garland Robertson. Censure for a published letter questioning the use of deadly force in Kuwait; Morality of war in the gulf; Provision of a clean bill of health in a psychological examination; Support from the...
- DEFENDING FREEDOM THROUGH Religion. Croxon, J. Paul // Airman;Nov/Dec2009, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p12
The article explores the lives of U.S. Air Force chaplains from different faiths including Islam, Judaism, and Christianity. It is stressed that airmen chaplains provide care, counsel and minister in the midst of conflict and bloodshed and other host of issues. According to Chaplain Major...
- Student Chaplains. // Time;5/21/1951, Vol. 57 Issue 21, p113
The article offers information on student chaplains in U.S. military. It focuses on army chaplain Rudolf Albert Renfer who lectures theological students of assorted denominations. The curriculum covers technical matters including "Types of Ministry and Duty" on shipboard, with the U.S. Air...
- The Best She Can. // Fire Chief;Apr2006, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p104
The article presents an interview with United States Air Force Chaplain, Captain Sherrol James, who ministers to the needs of the Air Force's Tenth Civil Engineer Squadron which includes the base fire department. James answered questions on her responsibilities as a military chaplain,...