Going the Distance
- Airman wins Marine Corps Marathon. Anderson, Jason // Airman;Feb2003, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p13
Focuses on the award given to Christopher Juarez of the U.S. Air Force for winning the 27th annual Marine Corps Marathon. Performance of the airman during the competition; Motivation for winning; List of winners.
- Mobilization provides perfect opportunity to train for marathons. Knabe, Ann Peru // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Apr2003, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p26
Profiles Robert Mendenhall, a mobilized reservist with the 440th Military Personnel flight at General Mitchell International Airport Air Reserve Station, Wisconsin. Completion of the Air Force Marathon; Job as personnel assistant technician; Training for marathons.
- Life Blossom Overseas. Gempis, Val // Airman;Aug99, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p14
Focuses on the life and experiences of military personnel serving overseas assignment on United States bases abroad. Details on military personnel living on Yokota Air Base in Japan; Programs, tours and services offered; Fastfood outlets available inside the base.
- Facts & Figures About Today's Aerospace Forces. // Airman;Jan2002, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p28
Presents facts and figures about the U.S. Air Force as of January 2002. Regions where the major Air Force bases overseas are located; Breakdown of the budget for fiscal year 2002; Salary figures of the U.S. airmen; Air Force awards and decorations.
- LIFTING TOGETHER. BATES, MATTHEW // Airman;Oct2012, p1
The article offers information Brian Robisky, U.S. Air Force Technical Sergeant in PÃ¡pa, Hungary. It states that Robisky is part of a multinational mission called Strategic Airlift Capability program, that uses C-17 Globemaster IIIs to bring equipment and cargo to military bases in...
- Running with the Pack. Desjarlais Jr., Orville F. // Airman;Apr2004, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p2
Focuses on U.S. airmen in Kunsan Air Base in South Korea. Mission to defend the base; Acceptance of follow-on forces; Special effort of the base to help young airmen get out of the dormitories and explore. INSET: Headhunter allies.
- Weather Man. Roberts, Chuck // Airman;Apr2004, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p42
Profiles U.S. Air Force senior airman Jason Conner, a weather specialist at Holloman Air Force Base in New Mexico. Combination of computer technology, experience and common sense to predict the weather; Influence of a pilot on the ultimate decision to cancel a sortie; Calmness and confidence of...
- Firefighting and More. Lasky, John // Airman;Dec2004, Vol. 48 Issue 12, p40
The article presents information about fire fighter Joseph Orona, a Master Sergeant in the U.S. Air Force. He was recently deploying to Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar, for Operation Iraqi Freedom. He is the assistant chief of fire training at the 48th Civil Engineering Squadron fire department at...
- BARAD downtime. Buytas, Mike // Airman;Summer2005, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p28
The article describes the off-duty activities of U.S. airmen at Balad Air Base in Iraq. Reading and working out are popular hobbies of airmen in the base. Some airmen watch a ballgame or movie on television. Several put on an impromptu guitar concert. There are those who play basketball and send...