- Up, up and away. Meares, Mike // Airman;Oct2002, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p15
Reports on experiences of the U.S. Air Force personnel who participated in the hot air balloons flying. Sergeant Jen Thielke's interest in balloon flying; Views of Dennis Fagnant about the adventurous sport; Technical information provided by Space Operations Squadron Michelle Porter for balloon...
- Seeing the Light. Seydel, Carie A. // Airman;Sep2001, Vol. 45 Issue 9, p20
Relates the experience of a member of the United States Air Force who underwent a laser eye surgery called photorefractive keratectomy (PRK). Comparison between contact lenses and eye glasses; Principle behind PRK; Risks involved in the PRK; Details on the procedure; Effectiveness of PRK.
- Redemption for a Patriot. Dendy, John B. // Airman;Mar2001, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p2
Pays tribute to Bill Pitsenbarger, a Vietnam War pararescue airman who died in April 1966. Awards received; Details on his death; Contributions to the United States Air Force. INSET: Pits brings father, son closer.
- News. // Air Power History;Winter99, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p68
Presents news items of relevance to the United States Air Force as of December 1999. Death of pilot Chester Earl McCarty; US Air Force Space Command's induction of servicemen into the `Air Force Space and Missile Pioneers Hall of Fame.'
- Gen. James E. Hill. // Air Power History;Winter99, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p71
Presents an obituary for United States Air Force officer James E. Hill Jr.
- Gen. Bruce K. Holloway. // Air Power History;Winter99, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p72
Presents an obituary for United States Air Force officer Bruce K. Holloway.
- 24 Hours with Jacob. Barela, Tim // Airman;Aug99, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p30
Features Troy and Tammy Alexander's son, Jacob, who died 24 hours after he was delivered, and the support that they got from the air force. Details on the story.
- Holiday holds special meaning for Blassie family. Johnson, LaVonne // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Jun2003, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p24
Focuses on the memorial day tribute for Lieutenant Michael J. Blassie at the Scott Air Force Base in Illinois. Involvement of Blassie in the various wars; Services of Blassie to his country; Career history of Blassie in the Air Force.
- They Called Him `Pits'. McKenna, Pat // Airman;Feb2000, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p12
Pays tribute to United States Airman 1st Class Bill Pitsenbarger who died during a fight while trying to rescue soldiers in Vietnam in the 1960s. His personal and educational background; Characteristic as a pararescueman; His military accomplishments and awards.