- Fleet to Mull Pay Freezes in Layoffs. Agosta, Veronica // American Banker;3/14/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 50, p3
Reports the voting on the shareholder proposal to change the compensation system of the FleetBoston Financial Corp. Proposal on linking the executive pay with customer and employee satisfaction levels; Details of the proposal; Assessment on the management and structure of the company.
- Fleet Raises Its Job Cut Estimate to 750. Leibowitz, Alissa // American Banker;5/18/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 96, p20
Announces the plan of FleetBoston Financial Corp. to eliminate hundreds of jobs in connection with its restructuring moves. Amount of benefits distributed to employees previously dismissed by the banking company.
- Re-Energizing Your Recognition Program. Nelson, Bob // ABA Bank Marketing;Apr2002, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p12
Presents information on guidelines for revising a recognition or award program for bank employees. Reassessment of program effectiveness; Information on the recognition program of the FleetBoston bank; Importance of prioritizing and focusing on improvements.
- Fleet Names Execs For Jersey Operations. // American Banker;4/10/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 69, p2
Reports on FleetBoston Financial Corp.'s announcement that it has named additional senior executives to run the New Jersey operations it acquired with its purchase of Summit Bancorp in 2001. Importance of the appointments to the banking company's strategic plans.
- Fleet Hires Equity Research Chief. // American Banker;4/3/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 63, p6
Reports the hiring of Robert K. McConnaughey to managing director and head of equity research at FleetBoston Financial Corp. Recall on the previous job of McConnaughey; Number of team reporting to McConnauaghey.
- A Hard Worker's Watchwords Are 'Efficiency,' Effectiveness'. // Bank Investment Consultant;Dec2002, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p50
Focuses on the success of bank representative Nick Diranian of Auburn, Massachusetts-based FleetBoston's Quick & Reilly Inc. brokerage unit. Percentage increase in business since 1995 per year under Diranian's management; Business strategies of Diranian; Efforts of Diranian to provide best...
- Aiding Licensed Bankers Helps this Rep Win Big, Too. // Bank Investment Consultant;Dec2002, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p51
Focuses on the success of bank representative Harvey Dash of Morrisville, Pennsylvania-based FleetBoston Corp. Program initiated by Dash in branches of the bank; Efforts of Dash to help employees in the branches to succeed.
- Executive Changes. PTACEK, MEGAN J. // American Banker;9/24/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 184, p5
Reports that Wayne M. Ayers will hold the title of chief economist at Fleet Boston Corp.
- Increasing Employee Loyalty Requires Daily Diligence . Costanzo, Chris // American Banker;7/8/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 129, p3rd
This article reports that employee satisfaction can translate into higher customer satisfaction and lower hiring and training expenses. Employee loyalty pays dividends, and some banks are working hard to get it. In 1999 the FleetBoston Financial Corp. predecessor BankBoston Corp. estimated that...