N.J. Governor to Give Farewell Address
- Governor Whitman Talks About the New Commerce Commission and Other Issues. // Business News New Jersey;01/04/99, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p9
Features an interview with New Jersey Governor Christie Whitman. Major business-related achievements in 1998; Business goals for 1999; Solution to shortage of skilled workers; Infrastructure concerns for 1999; Views on proposed to implement surcharge on well-performing health maintenance (HMOs)...
- The most powerful woman in American politics? // Glamour;Aug96, Vol. 94 Issue 8, p104
Focuses on New Jersey Republican Governor Christine Todd Whitman. Reputation as most powerful woman in American politics; Brief chronicle of Whitman's life.
- HOT TODDY. Judis, John B. // New Republic;2/13/95, Vol. 212 Issue 7, p20
Offers a look at the closet liberalism of New Jersey Republican Governor Christine Todd Whitman. Family background; Opinion that U.S. Republican and conservative activists are supportive of the idea of Whitman as a vice presidential choice in 1996; Criticisms against her income tax cut proposals.
- Enforcement With a Smile. Zaneski, Cyril T. // National Journal;1/27/2001, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p268
Focuses on the efforts of New Jersey Governor Christine Todd Whitman to preserve open space. Her appointment as head of the United States Environmental Protection Agency; Professional background; Views of environmentalists and conservationists on her leadership.
- MAKING OUR PRESENCE KNOWN. Whitman, Christine Todd // Vital Speeches of the Day;Nov2008, Vol. 74 Issue 11, p515
The article presents a speech by Christine Todd Whitman, former governor of New Jersey, delivered at the Women in Public Finance's 12th Annual Conference in Chicago, Illinois, on September 12, 2008, in which she discusses her mother's political involvement, and how proud she would have been of...
- Governor Signs Law Making It Easier To File Policies In N.J. King, Carole Ann // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;12/6/99, Vol. 103 Issue 49, p3
The article reports on S-1112, legislation signed by Gov. Christine Todd Whitman on Nov. 24, which is expected to make it easier for life insurers to get new policy form-filings approved through the New Jersey Department of Banking and Insurance. With proper certification to the department,...
- Republican Response. Whitman, Christie // Congressional Digest;Mar1995, Vol. 74 Issue 3, p67
Presents excerpts from New Jersey Governor Christie Whitman's State of the Union Response delivered January 24, 1995. Financial issues; Tax increases; Welfare reform; Opposition to the balanced budget amendment.
- Silenced swings. // Northern New Jersey Business;5/3/95, Vol. 3 Issue 9, p3
Reports on New Jersey Governor Christine Todd Whitman's refusal of the plan for an 18-hole golf course and other improvements in the Liberty State Park in Jersey City. Preservation of the park as the main reason.
- Perk watch. // Money;Forecast 1994, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p16
Comments on the possible change of mind by Christine Todd Whitman of New Jersey, who said during the campaign that, if she was elected governor she would sell the state's Sikorsky helicopter. Her comments after the election and her incorrect statements about the helicopter.