State Securities Probe Clears Former St. Louis Mayor and Candidate Bosley
- Freeman Bosley Jr. cites big plans for St. Louis as its first black mayor. // Jet;4/26/93, Vol. 83 Issue 26, p8
Reports on the victory of Freeman Bosley Jr. in the St. Louis mayoral race, making him the first black to be elected mayor of the city. Bosley's former position as the clerk of Circuit Courts; Bosley's comments on election; Voters looking for `a new attitude' in city government; Promise to...
- St. Louis mayor wants to stop school busing for racial desegregation. // Jet;10/18/93, Vol. 84 Issue 25, p22
Reports on the commitment of St. Louis mayor Freeman Bosley Jr. of stopping school busing for racial desegregation. Comment by mayor Bosley; Proposal of mayor Bosley; Estimated number of St. Louis black students under the desegregation program; Number of St. Louis schools having all-black...
- Bosley complains of unbalanced media coverage. Bishop, Ed // St. Louis Journalism Review;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 26 Issue 188, p1
Reveals that Saint Louis, Missouri Mayor Freeman R. Bosley, Jr. is complaining about the local media's coverage of city hall. Bosleys frustration regarding the media coverage; View on media's scrutiny of his administration; Negative stories about Saint Louis's city hall.
- RACIAL POLITICS WITH A STRIKING TWIST. Schneider, William // National Journal;3/15/97, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p546
The article analyzes the new trends in the minority politics referring to the failure of Freeman Bosley Jr. in the re-election of mayors in St. Louis, Missouri. One of the reasons highlighted by the voters for his failure was their dislike toward him. The contest was between two black men that...
- Black mayors of St. Louis and Kansas City tell of efforts spent to bring relief to flood victims. Waldron, Clarence // Jet;8/2/93, Vol. 84 Issue 14, p10
Reports on black mayors's efforts to bring relief and hope to the victims of the Midwest flood disaster. States hit by the flood; Tactics of St. Louis Mayor Freeman R. Bosley; Evaluation of Mayor Emanuel Cleaver of Kansas City; Lesson from the 1977 flood; Aid from the Commerce Department.
- The mayor, the bus and the NAACP. // Crisis (00111422);1993, Vol. 100 Issue 8, p28
Examines the conflict between St. Louis, Missouri mayor Freeman Bosley and the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People's (NAACP) stand regarding busing. Bosley's plan to attract black students to city schools by stopping busing; NAACP's opposition to the idea; History of the...
- Protect yourself from fraud. Nusbaum, David // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Mar1995, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p64
Warns investors about fraud in trading. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC); Number of complaints; Background check on stockbroker; Fraudulent sales practices; Telemarketing; Cases; Out-of-the-money options; Effect of infomercials; Recovery; Exemptions to anti-fraud laws. INSETS:...
- Crooks and post-Communist riches. Reerink, Jack // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Mar1995, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p66
Discusses the factors which make Eastern Europeans ideal targets for trading fraud. Circulation of money; Regulations against investments abroad; Lack of bank regulation; Sophistication of investors; Sample case.
- Orange County-style fiasco not likely here, officials say. Kohout, Cheryl // Inside Tucson Business;9/11/95, Vol. 5 Issue 24, p1
Reports on efforts in Pima County, Arizona to prevent the repeat of the Orange County, California fiasco in Arizona. Estimated loss of Orange County in the fiasco; Three rules applied by Pima County in investing; Meeting between Pima County officials and representatives from Patterson &...