Giuliani's $600 Million Housing Renovation Plan a Page From Democrat's Book
- Homeless plan aired. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;3/21/94, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p26
Reports on the New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani administration's plans to halt funding for the construction of single-room apartments for the homeless as a cost-control measure.
- City to sell off repossessed housing. Grant, Peter // Crain's New York Business;6/20/94, Vol. 10 Issue 25, p4
Reports on the New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani administration's plans for disposing the city's repossessed housing. Labor issue connected to the disposition program; Tactics used by the two previous city administrations.
- Giuliani names Roberts housing commissioner. // New York Amsterdam News;02/22/97, Vol. 88 Issue 8, p5
Reports that Richard T. Roberts, was appointed as the commissioner of the New York City Department of Housing Preservation and Development (HPD) by Mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani. Former position held by Roberts; Credits to Roberts; Comments from Giuliani.
- Rudy pulls out support. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;7/10/95, Vol. 11 Issue 28, p22
Reports that the administration of New York, N.Y. Mayor Rudolph Giuliani withdrew its support for a proposal to tear down part of the West Side Highway so residents of Donald Trump's planned project could have an unobstructed view of the Hudson River.
- Homeless and Harassed. Boyd, Herb // New York Amsterdam News;12/02/99, Vol. 90 Issue 49, p1
Reports on the proposed action of first lady Hillary Rodham Clinton to build low-income housing for the homeless in New York City, New York. Her pledge given if she were elected senator; Consequence if a state regulation is enforced by the administration of New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani;...
- Brokers on Duty for Rudy and Judi. Schoeneman, Deborah // New York;12/6/2004, Vol. 37 Issue 43, p73
Reports that Rudy and Judith Giuliani still haven't found a house. Price of the house on north of the highway in Water Mill; $3.3 million house on Pond Lane in Southampton; Condo units where Rudy and Judith stay.
- Charles King's holy war. Barasch, Douglas S. // New York;08/17/98, Vol. 31 Issue 31, p24
Focuses on the efforts of Charles King in crusading for the Housing Works project, one of New York City's largest and most lauded AIDS-service organizations. Rudolph Giuliani's termination of the organization's contracts; Subsequent law suit by Housing Works; The future of Housing Works; King's...
- Mailbag. Metteann; Smith, Ben // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);12/9/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 49, p2
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including one on a captive in the prison camp of North Korea, another on the voting scenario of the U.S. House of Representatives and the U.S. Senate and an incident related to campaigning of presidential...
- Is affordable housing in Harlem under siege? Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;12/17/98, Vol. 89 Issue 51, p6
Details the complaint made by the Action for Community Empowerment organization that the Rudolph Giuliani Administration is seeking to eliminate affordable housing for working families in Harlem, New York City. Allegations that the administration is using a neighborhood entrepreneurial program...