TSU Sells Taxable Dorm Debt, Seeks 501(c)(3) for Refinancing
- Welcome, St. John's: In a first of Texas, prep school enters tax-exempt market. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;01/06/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30304, p28
Reports on Houston Higher Education Finance Corp.'s sale of $10.1 million of revenue bonds in Texas. School's plan to use the money to purchase land and build new facilities; Moody's Investors Service's rating to the bonds.
- Texas school reveals plans for revenue financing system. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;10/21/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30504, p36
Reports on Texas Southern University's plan to create a revenue financing system when it issues $51 million of revenue bonds in November 1998. Texas Public Finance Authority's expected adoption of a resolution establishing the system at its meeting on October 21, 1998; University's previous...
- Historically Black Universities Face Daunting Trends. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;4/23/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34097, p1
The article reports that Texas Southern University (TSU), the historically black college and university, has been downgraded to Baa2 from Baa1 by Moody's Investors Service Inc. on April 16, 2014. Moody's analyst Caitlin Bertha has stated that the negative outlook for the TSU reflects operating...
- Texas Southern University Regains Investment Grade. WILLIAMSON, RICHARD // Bond Buyer;8/5/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33362, p7
The article reports that the credit of Texas Southern University, Houston, Texas has been restored to investment grade by Moody's Investors Service Inc.
- Correction. // Bond Buyer;8/9/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33363, p2
A correction to the article on the bond rating of the Texas Southern University in Houston, Texas that was published in the August 5, 2010 issue is presented.
- Texas Southern gets funds, earmarked for black males. // Jet;11/2/92, Vol. 83 Issue 2, p8
Announces that Texas Southern University (TSU) in Houston has received $1 million from Houston Endowment Inc. The funds are earmarked for the school's innovative Black Male Initiative (BMI). Details of BMI program; Component of TSU's Center on the Family; Program's focus; Comments from...
- TSU prexy axes band after shoplifting scandal during trip to Japan // Jet;1/11/93, Vol. 83 Issue 11, p33
Announces that Texas Southern University (TSU) President Dr. William H. Harris disbanded the Ocean of Soul Marching Band after at least a dozen of the band members were involved in a shoplifting scandal while the band was touring Japan. Comments from Harris; Disciplinary actions taken against...
- Texas Southern saves money with 'residential' claim. Nyren, Karl // Library Journal;8/1/1985, Vol. 110 Issue 13, p21
Reveals that Texas Southern University in Houston has saved money for a dormitory renovation project by having the U.S. Department of Labor reclassify the project from 'commercial' to residential.
- TEXAS SOUTHERN FOOTBALL FALLS SHORT ON APR SCORES. // Journal of NCAA Compliance;Jul/Aug2012, p3
The article reports that the below average scores in the academic progress of the Texas Southern University football team, urged the university to be out of the 2012 postseason games in North Carolina.