Illinois Stuck Repaying Reorganized Steel Company's Debt
- Steelworks defaults on Illinois pollution bond. Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;11/25/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30528, p3
Informs that Saint Louis, Illinois-based Laclede Steel Co. defaulted on a 1976 revenue bond issued of city of Alton, Illinois. Saint Louis suburb's sale of pollution control bonds on behalf of Laclede; Notice posted with the Thomson Nationally Recognized Municipal Securities Information Repository.
- Illinois authority may miss debt payment. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;01/29/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30568, p42
Reports on efforts by the Southwestern Illinois Development Authority to ensure that a debt-service payment due on February 1, 1999 on bonds issued for LaClede Steel Co. is made on time. Standard & Poor's placement of the bonds on negative CreditWatch; Bankruptcy court ruling freezing the...
- LACLEDE IN BANKRUPTCY, AGAIN. // 33 Metalproducing;Sep2001, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p24
Reports the filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection by Laclede Steel Co. in Saint Louis, Missouri. Decision of the company to split divisions into separate units; Accounts on the reorganization of the company; Impact of company action on employees.
- Short takes on high yields. // High Yield Report;12/07/98, Vol. 9 Issue 47, p3
Presents news briefs related to the high yield investment market as of December 7, 1998. Includes Laclede Steel Co.'s filing of bankruptcy; Pressure to counter increased imports in the United States; Biovail Corp. International's denial of an intent to use proceeds of a junk offering to buyback...
- Laclede Steel bonds stay on CreditWatch. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;02/26/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30587, p2
Reports on the maintenance of Illinois' moral obligation bonds on negative CreditWatch until the state legislature approves fund to replenish the debt-service reserve fund used to cover payment for Laclede Steel Co.'s plant. Appropriation in the state's budget proposal to restore the funds;...
- Iron-Horse Graveyard. // Saturday Evening Post;11/12/1960, Vol. 233 Issue 20, p28
This article presents information on Laclede Steel Co. at Alton, Illinois, where several hundreds of steam locomotives have been cut tip and melted down. The locomotives, bumped from service by the more economical diesels and electrics, come to Alton from all parts of the country, bearing famous...
- PLANT TO REBUILD AFTER ROOF FALLS. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;04/24/2000, Vol. 244 Issue 16, p22
Announces that J.S. Alberici Construction Co. Inc. has been hired to rebuild the steel mill owned by Laclede Steel Co. in Illinois after a roof collapsed. Estimated range of the renovation cost; Suspected cause of the collapse; Impact of the collapse on the firm.
- Bondholders paid as judge allows trustee to tap debt-service reserve. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;02/02/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30570, p3
Reports that a bankruptcy court judge in Saint Louis, Illinois has ordered the release of funds from a debt-service reserve account to ensure that payment due on bonds issued on behalf of Laclede Steel Co. was made on time. Uncertainty of whether the February 1, 1999 payment would be made; Bank...
- Global Default Rate Drops to 2.44%. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;1/24/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p21
This article reports on a decline in the speculative-grade default rate in the U.S. in January 2011.