MuniAuction Gets Broad Patent For Online Bidding Methodology
- MuniAuction Hosts 1st Internet Swap Bid. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;02/08/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31073, p7
Reports that Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based MuniAuction has hosted its first auction of an interest-rate swap on February 1, 2001. Notional amount of the floating-to-fixed rate swap auction; Winner of the auction.
- MuniAuction to lure more FAs onto Web. Cintron, Ivan // Bond Buyer;03/24/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30605, p1
Reports on MuniAuction Inc.'s negotiations with financial advisers to establish Web sites offering electronic bidding of bond issues in the United States. Advisers targeted for the service; Debut offering of the Web site; Other services to be offered on the Web site.
- Glitches aside, more players are giving e-trading its due. Karchmer, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;12/22/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30793, p1
Reports on the trading of municipal bonds on the Internet. Failure of MuniAuction Inc.'s first online large-scale auction of secondary market municipal bond holdings; Comments from traders, portfolio managers and technology gurus.
- Despite setback, MuniAuction still leads way in e-trading. Karchmer, Jennifer; Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;12/23/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30794, p1
Reports on MuniAuction Inc.'s continued leadership in the race to build the United States bond market's premier electronic trading platform. Broker-dealers and institutional investors' plan to check out rival systems; Lack of preparation for influx of buy-side interest in December 1999.
- MuniAuction Becomes ATS To Answer SEC's Concerns. Hume, Lynne // Bond Buyer;04/03/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30862, p1
Reports on MuniAuction Inc.'s filing with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission to become an alternative trading system. Rules on electronic trading system; Quarterly volume reports needed.
- Yes, 1998 was a wild ride: Almost $4 billion sold. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;11/18/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30523, p28
Reports on the sale of general obligation bonds via the Internet in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Emergence of state-of-the-art bidding systems called Bloomberg, a key information provider in the municipal bond market and the PARITY system; Volume of bonds sold electronically; Bond sale competition...
- New Haven to Sell GOs Online in Competitive Deal Worth $84M. Mercurio, Stephanie // Bond Buyer;05/16/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30892, p5
Reports that the City of New Haven, Connecticut will sell general obligation bonds on MuniAuction Inc.'s online system. Features of the bonds; Use of the bonds to pay school debt and fund capital projects; Total amount of the bonds; Ratings for the bonds.
- MuniAuction selling GICs for Pittsburgh. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;06/09/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30658, p4
Reports on MuniAuction Inc.'s first electronic auction of guaranteed investment contracts. Purpose of the bond proceeds.
- MuniAuction pioneers Internet GIC bid; bidders nonplussed. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;06/14/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30661, p33
Reports on MuniAuction's $17 million investment agreement for the Public Auditorium Authority of Pittsburgh & Allegheny County. Bidding on guaranteed investment contracts; Concerns with the open auction process in the United States.