Analyst: Year-End Stock Boost Bodes Well for Bond Insurers
- A Rise in Stock Prices Gives Insurers A Break From Their Recent Doldrums. Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;06/06/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30906, p31
Reports on the increases in bond insurance stock prices in the United States. Stock analysts' assessments of the bond insurance market; Major stock gainers; Effects of the price increases on the ratings of bond insurers.
- Bond Insurers: Building on 4Q Rebound, Ambac, MBIA Stocks Rise 1.8% in January. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;2/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31318, p31
Reports on the increase in the U.S. bond insurance stock prices in January 2002, outperforming ratings assigned by the U.S. rating agency Standard & Poor's Corp. according to Banc of America Securities. Period during which the most striking increase took place; Reason behind the favorable...
- As Sale Rumors Swirl, Enhance Releases 3Q Results. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;11/14/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31017, p6
Reports that Enhance Financial Services Group Inc.'s delay of the release of its third-quarter earnings in 2000 fueled by rumors that it was being sold. Parent of municipal bond reinsurer Enhance Reinsurance Co. and primary insurer Asset Guaranty Insurance Co.; Increase in its stock due to sale...
- As Tech Stocks Bombed, Ambac and MBIA Shares Soared. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;02/20/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31080, p40
Presents the observation of Banc of America analyst Robert Ryan that the decline of technology stocks in the United States in 2000 may have helped contribute to an increase in the stocks of publicly traded bond insurers. Forecast of Banc of America of continued weakness in technology stocks and...
- ALFRED BRITTAIN III. BRITTAIN III, ALFRED // Financial Executive;Feb1987, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p16
The article presents a quotation from Alfred Brittain III, chairman of the Bankers Trust Company, concerning the repeal of the Glass-Steagall Act.
- Bond Fund Tactic Can Be Copied. APARNA NARAYANAN // Investors Business Daily;10/2/2014, pA06
It's the behemoth flagship fund with a 17-year track record from a manager dubbed the bond king. But Pimco Total Return enters the final quarter of 2014 under a cloud of uncertainty.
- Rally Continues as Yields Fall to Fresh Lows. Riggs, Taylor // Bond Buyer;7/26/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33754, p2
The article presents information on the market of municipal bond insurance and tax-exempt market in the U.S. and states that the municipal bonds market has shown the loss and the rates of their stock will remain low due to less demand and supply. According to the municipal analyst at Wells Fargo...
- Amid Slumping Equity Market, Bond Insurers Show Growth. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;8/7/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31197, p5
Reports the performance of bond insurance stocks in the United States as reported by the Banc of America Securities. Comparison between average bond insurance stocks share price and the Standards & Poor's 500 index; List of companies exceeding bank estimates for operating earnings per share;...
- RETAIL SHARES SURGE. Poggi, Jeanine // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/1/2008, Vol. 195 Issue 23, p15
This article focuses on the increase in shares in the U.S. retail sector. Retail shares increased following good news from the bond insurance industry and a report on the sector released by Deutsche Bank. The S&P Retail Index increased by 4.4 percent to 423.16. The Dow Jones Industrial Average...