New York's Pataki Wants to Cut Taxes to Boost Economy
- New York Gov. Pataki Unveils Property Tax Relief for Seniors and Farmers. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;01/03/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31049, p3
No abstract available.
- Declawing the Pataki tax-cut critics. deRussy, Candace // Westchester County Business Journal;3/20/95, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p4
Refutes the arguments used by opponents of the tax cut proposed by New York Governor George Pataki. Irrelevance of taxes to the level of economic activity in the state; Tax cut plan as non-affordable; Targeting of tax relief to the wrong people; Annual growth of state spending; Inflation.
- Pataki eyes cut in estate taxes. Khasru, B.Z. // Westchester County Business Journal;2/3/97, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p6
Reports that the proposal of Governor George Pataki to cut $400 million worth of estate and gift taxes will help improve New York's business climate according to Harold E. Vogt, president and chief executive officer of the White Plains County Chamber of Commerce. Incentive for businesses to...
- Tax plan slams insurers. Marshall, Samantha; Blake, Wendy // Crain's New York Business;2/3/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the proposal made by New York state Governor George Pataki to increase the tax on the state's insurers by two per cent. Estimated cost to be borne by the insurance industry due to the tax hike; Implications of the proposal for unprofitable insurers; Benefits of the proposal for some...
- Businesses oppose insurance tax hike. // Crain's New York Business;3/3/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p12
Reports that business groups in New York are opposing Governor George Pataki's plan to increase insurance taxes. Testification of the president of the Business Council of New York State against the tax increase; Details of the governor's insurance tax proposal.
- Taxing end. // Crain's New York Business;7/31/95, Vol. 11 Issue 31, p23
Informs about an act signed by New York Governor George Pataki to repeal New York City's tax on interior design services performed by designers and architects.
- Pataki should consider tax on wealthy. Cantor, Martin // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);4/11/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 16, p42A
Assesses the refusal of George Pataki, public officer, on taxing the wealthy businessmen in New York City. Increase on the prices of various commodities; Effects of the tax bill on local consumers and small businesses; Platforms of George Pataki for the 2004 Gubernatorial Election.
- 'Sick tax' could close hospitals. Solnik, Claude // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);4/4/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 15, p5A
Reports on the reaction of Long Island hospital on the sick tax proposed by Governor George Pataki in New York. Imposition of the levy to nursing homes; Effect of the levy on hospital workforce; Statement of Robert Shapiro, chief financial officer for the North Shore-LIJ Health System.
- Governor announces unemployment insurance tax reduction. // Westchester County Business Journal;01/12/98, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p23
Details the New York George Pataki's announcement of an unemployment insurance (UI) tax reduction in the state to stimulate creation of jobs and opportunities for all New Yorkers. Effort of the government to reduce the cost of doing business in New York; Other economic reforms enacted by the...