Calif. IOUs Anticipate Rate Hikes
- Let's take that case for a spin. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;6/24/96, Vol. 198 Issue 8, p1
Presents a photograph of the Southern California Edison Co.'s Refrigeration and Technology Test Center.
- Calif. utility switches to managed care. Kertesz, Louise // Modern Healthcare;11/21/94, Vol. 24 Issue 47, p27
Reports on the decision of Southern California Edison to switch to a managed-care network to run its healthcare functions. Estimated spending on employee healthcare in 1995; Health maintenance organizations (HMOs) and point-of-service (POS) plans.
- New facility will test refrigeration technologies. // Engineered Systems;Jul96, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p14
Reports that Southern California Edison's Customer Technology Application Center in Irwindale, California will house the new Refrigeration Technology and Test Center (RTTC). Functions of the center.
- El Segundo pioneers use of multivariable control technology. Swanekamp, Robert // Power;Jun94, Vol. 138 Issue 6, p72
Reports on the plans of the Southern California Edison Co. (SCE) to improve fuel efficiencies at its El Segundo generating station. Incorporation of proportional-integral-derivative (PID) schemes to traditional control technologies in responding to process changes; Problems with...
- California utility opens refrigeration test center. // Frozen Food Age;Aug96, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p34
Reports on Southern California Edison's opening of a refrigeration technology and test center in Irwindale, California. Center's duplication of the actual indoor conditions of a supermarket to demonstrate how energy consumption will vary under different conditions.
- Investing in Southern California's economic future. Thomas, Grant F. // San Diego Business Journal;2/26/96, Vol. 17 Issue 9, pB8
Reports on Southern California Edison and its efforts to invest and improve the economic future of the state. Importance of attracting companies to California; Incentives for large and small business enterprises; Edison's flexible rate options; Contact points.
- Edison gets OK to give corporate discounts. Fine, Howard // Orange County Business Journal;8/19/96, Vol. 19 Issue 34, p16
Reports that Southern California Edison Co. has won state approval to offer discounts for its manufacturing and motion picture production customers in California. Comments from Edison spokesman Ken Perry; Terms and conditions; Discount plans available.
- Southern California Edison pushes for regional power market. // Electric Light & Power;Feb95, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p3
Reports that Southern California Edison Co.'s (SCE) proposed a competitive regional power market providing customers better choices and services. Comments of SCE Vice-President Vikram S. Budharaja on the company's proposals; Background on SCE's proposal.
- Portfolio approach to NOx control nets huge system-wide savings. Makansi, Jason; Jones, Cate // Power;Apr95, Vol. 139 Issue 4, p38
Reports on Southern California Edison Co.'s (SCE) compliance strategy for the control of nitric oxide (NOx) emissions of its power-plant in El Segundo, California. Problems with analyzers monitoring ammonia (NHs) and NOx emissions; Ineffectiveness of the selective non-catalytic reduction (SNCR)...