Impact of recent devaluation on the economy
- PKR: Under Siege. // Emerging Markets Monitor;7/7/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 14, p10
The article deals with an outlook for the Pakistan rupee (PKR). Among the factors that subject the rupee to volatility are deteriorating economic fundamentals and political instability. It is said that the rupee started to weaken in April 2008 due to the continuous increase in oil prices and...
- The Role of Exchange Rate on Trade Balance: Emperical from Pakistan. Mohammad, Sulaiman D. // European Journal of Social Sciences;May2010, Vol. 14 Issue 1/2, p150
The purpose of this study to find the role of currency devaluation or deprecation on trade balance of Pakistan. The estimated result shows that exchange rate deprecation is positively related to trade balance in long run. To find long run relationship between the variables we have used Johanson...
- SARS Currency Risk Will Ease. // Emerging Markets Monitor;5/12/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p6
Reports on the on the dollar depreciation risk in Singapore, affected by the severe acute respiratory syndrome in 2003. Growth concerns in the PMI index for the manufacturing sector; Possibility of increase of capital outflows; Forecast on the strength of currency.
- The Irish paper pound of 1797-1820: Some cliometrics of the bullionist debate. Grada, Cormac O // Oxford Economic Papers;Jan93, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p148
Presents an analysis of the depreciation of Irish pound in 1803-4. Price of gold in 1808-10; Bullion Report of 1810 and Currency Report of 1804; Co-integration techniques; Economic analysis of exchange rate; Statistical basis of the Irish Currency Report; Over-issuing of bank notes.
- Worrisome Won. Flanigen, Bill // Reason;Mar2010, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p9
No abstract available.
- Poland revalues. Bayer, Alexei // Treasury & Risk Management;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p14
Reports on the revaluation of Poland's currency, zloty.
- Is Brazil the next Mexico? Crespo, Mariana // Treasury & Risk Management;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p12
Reports on economist Rudiger Dornbusch's warning that Brazil could be headed for a currency crisis. Signs of an impending currency crisis; Economic trends in Brazil's favor.
- The Central and East European currency phenomenon reconsidered. Stolze, Frank // Eastern European Economics;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p5
Reconsiders the currency undervaluation story in Central and Eastern European Countries (CEEC). Proposed alternative explanation of the currency phenomenon; Factors that influence price changes of CEEC's reform economies; Price structure differences between postsocialist economies and West...
- Mexico's peso debacle: Evidence from 1993-95. Rahman, Matiur; Foshee, Andrew; McNeil, Douglas // American Business Review;Jan1998, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p36
Explores the immediate reasons for the Mexican peso devaluation using simple statistical tools. Determination of Mexico's real exchange rate; Events which triggered capital flight; Implications of the swelling of capital account deficit.