Cancer Studies Bear Good--But Not Great-- News
- Can cellular phones cause brain cancer? // Mayo Clinic Health Letter;Apr1993, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p4
Speculates whether cellular phones can cause brain cancer. Microwave radiation from cellular phones; Questions raised as a result of a Florida lawsuit; Statistics on brain cancer.
- Australian study raises health questions over cellular phones. Brown, Stephen N. // Lightwave;Jul97, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p26
Examines the study conducted revealing the link between the long-term use of cellular phones and cancer. Impact of the results on the wireless communication industry; Assertion on the US Federal Communications Commissions' oversight on the problem; Application of the Telecommunications Act of...
- Smart move to protect the brain from damage. Pitcher, George // Marketing Week;6/14/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 18, p33
Focuses on the link between cancer and mobile phones. Statement of Nokia in applying for a United States patent; Absence of preventive efforts from phone manufacturers; Citation of incidence in tobacco industry.
- Cell Phone Safety News. Harrar, Sari; Dollemore, Doug // Prevention;Mar2002, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p44
Presents information about the safety and health aspects of cellular telephones, including a belief that the phones will not cause cancer.
- Cell Phone Use Won't Cause Brain Cancer. // RN;Feb2001, Vol. 64 Issue 2, p16
Presents the results of studies on the link of cell phone use to brain cancer development. Subjects used in the study; Recommendations from researchers.
- Swedish study links phones to cancer. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;6/11/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 24, p3
Reports that a Swedish study linking the use of analog cellular phones with increased risk of brain cancer has sparked lawsuits and legislation in the United States. Findings of the study; Arguments of the wireless industry.
- Research group to study cellular/cancer link. O'Shea, Dan // Telephony;9/5/94, Vol. 227 Issue 10, p15
Details the formation of Scientific Advisory Group on Cellular Telephone Research for the study of relationship between use of cellular phones and brain cancer. Background of formation of research group; Release of research agenda; Details of the agenda; Period and details of the prospective...
- Study Disputes Link Between Cellular Phone Use And Cancer. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;02/26/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p35
Reports the non-correlation between cellular telephone use and cancer rates in the United States. Lower incidence rate of cancer in cellphone users; Results of the study conducted by the Danish Cancer Society and the International Epidemiology Institute; Biological effects of radiofrequency...
- Protector or gimmick? Ear 'guard' may or may not make cell phones safer. Brannon, Keith // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);11/20/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 22, p17
Focuses on an increase in the number of companies offering gadgets designed to block or absorb radiation commonly emitted from the antennas of wireless phones in the United States. Goal of protecting consumers from the potential harmful effects cellular phones may pose to the brain; Possible...