A Measure Of Security For Bluetooth
- Partners joins to create Bluetooth processor. // RCR Wireless News;2/5/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p15
Reports that PicoTurbo Inc., NewLogic Technologies and Chip Express Corp. have a partnership integrating the NewLogic Boost IP core with the picoTurbo pT-100 microprocessor IP core creating a Bluetooth baseband processor solution.
- Wireless devices speak freely with Bluetooth. Rosenthal, Marshal M. // Daily Variety;06/27/2000, Vol. 265 Issue 17, p22
Reports on the ability of Bluetooth to enable devices wirelessly to initiate communication directly with each other. Companies signed by the Bluetooth Consortium; Wireless e-commerce applications.
- Qualcomm offers Bluetooth chipset. // RCR Wireless News;10/15/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 42, p20
Reports on the MSM5100 Bluetooth version 1.1-compliant cdma2000 1x commercial chipset developed by Qualcomm Inc. Key features of the chipset; Remarks from Johan Lodenius, senior vice president of marketing and product management for Qualcomm.
- BROADCOM BLUTONIUM RADIO COMBINES WITH QUALCOMM MSM CHIPSET. // Modem Users News;Oct2003, pN.PAG
Introduces the Blutonium BCM2004 Bluetooth radio chip from Broadcom Corp. Features of the chip; Information on Broadcom's Blutonium product family; Availability of the chip; Information on the company.
- Consumer Power. Dalrymple, Jim // Macworld;Jul2005, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p20
This article reports on the update of the iMac G5 computer line of Apple Computer in 2005. The updated computers include a 2GHz G5 processor, built-in AirPort Extreme and Bluetooth 2.0, and Tiger. In addition to a faster G5 processor, the iMac includes faster graphics, with the ATI Radeon 9600...
- TSMC DELIVERS SINGLE-CHIP BLUETOOTH SILICON TO ZEEVO. // Electro Manufacturing;Mar2001, p4
Reports that Zeevo Inc. has received the integrated, single-chip Bluetooth silicon from Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. Features of the Bluetooth silicon; Zeevo's Bluetooth solution; Company history.
- Minimizing Power Draw in Small Portable Devices. Glaser, Chris // Design News;May2014, Vol. 69 Issue 5, p38
The article discusses the challenge of minimizing power draw in small portable devices, such as sports watches and fitness monitors, wherein advances compel wearable device engineers to reevaluate the efficiency of their power supplies to extend run times. Topics mentioned include the power...
- High five. Flynn, David; Oakley, Jason; Orantia, Jenneth // Australian Personal Computer;Sep2003, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p84
The latest Palm-powered handhelds serve up faster CPUs, brighter screens, built-in cameras, Bluetooth and even Wi-Fi. Today's Palm blueprint starts with all-new version 5.0 of the Palm OS, which shifts the platform to meaty ARM processors that out-pace the original Motorola Dragonball chips. By...
- Acer Travelmate 8000. Overington, Matthew // Australian Personal Computer;Jul2004, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p43
The Acer TravelMate 8000 tips the scales at a little over 3kg, and features a Pentium M 745 processor, 512MB of DDR SDRAM, a 60GB hard disk and a multiformat DVD writer. A 128MB ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 video card drives a 15in screen, running at a native resolution of 2,048 x 1,536 pixels. When...