Smartphones: Blurring The Device Lines
- Motorola files for dismissal. // RCR;03/31/97, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p1
Presents information on the motion filed by Motorola Incorporated against Qualcomm Incorporated for dismissal of a action which Qualcomm initiated in March 1997. Reasons for the filing of the motion; Information on the law suit Qualcomm filed against Motorola; Comments from Wolf Pavlok, senior...
- Squabble continues, but CDMA moves on. Shankar, Bhawani // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Aug97, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p12
Reports that the United States District Court for the Southern District of California has lifted a restraining order which denied an injunction filed by Motorola Company against Qualcomm company. Qualcomm's injunction against Motorola also denied; Look at the ongoing feud between Qualcomm and...
- Qualcomm restraining order against Motorola is granted. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;04/14/97, Vol. 16 Issue 15, p18
Reports that the United States District Court in the Southern District of California granted Qualcomm Incorporated a temporary restraining order against Motorola Incorporated. Information on the limitations against Motorola contained in the restraining order; Details on the patent infringement...
- Motorola is granted restraining order. // RCR;04/14/97, Vol. 16 Issue 15, p46
Reports that the United States District Court for the Southern District of California granted Motorola Incorporated a temporary restraining order against Qualcomm Incorporated, which prevents the production, sale and marketing of the Q phone. Reason for the restraining order; Information on the...
- Handspring gets boost. // eWeek;12/31/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 50, p5
Reports on the financial assistance given by Qualcomm on buying a stock shares of Handspring Inc.
- PDA could follow path of PC. Belsie, Laurent // Christian Science Monitor;4/27/95, Vol. 87 Issue 106, p9
Ponders over the expectation of several companies that the Personal Digital Assistants (PDA) will be as successful as the personal computers. Function of a PDA; Sale of devices with the PDA systems by the Motorola Incorporated; Predictions of future trends by experts.
- Little Things Do Matter. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;11/22/99, Vol. 5 Issue 47, p6
Reports on the shortage of components for wireless phones. Demand for wireless phones; Impact of component shortage to the 1999 fourth quarter sales of Motorola; Effects of the component shortage to smaller service providers like Qualcomm.
- Patent Fight Fizzles. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;04/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 14, p1
Reports on the settlement of the handset design legal dispute between Qualcomm Inc. and Motorola Inc. Accusations of the two companies against each other; Terms of the settlement; Implication of the settlement for Qualcomm's code division multiple access technology.
- Qualcomm, Motorola end patent disputes. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;04/03/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 14, p16
Reports on the end of the patent dispute between Qualcomm Inc. and Motorola Inc. Extension of Code Division Multiple Access cross licenses; Terms of the settlement.