Wireless Boot Camp After College
- Openwave premiers new browser. Smith, Hilary // RCR Wireless News;2/5/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p16
Reports that Openwave Systems Inc. has introduced a new browser for packet-based GPRS and third-generation wireless networks.
- Openwave Launches Into New Ocean. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;02/05/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p42
Reports on the wireless communication services of Openwave Systems. Partnerships entered by Openwave; Other plans of the company.
- Openwave updates technology to take on operating systems. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;2/17/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p5
Introduces the Phone Tools Version 7.0 (V7) technology from Openwave Systems Inc. Mobile phone technology behind V7; Features of the V7; Cost of the V7.
- Devices vying for narrow spectrum. Bethoney, Herb // eWeek;10/09/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 41, p32
Focuses on the effort of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) to set a WPAN standard for wireless devices in the United States. Incorporation of the Bluetooth and HomeRF specifications; Purpose of IEEE for establishing the 802.15 WPAN standard; Formation of 802.15 task...
- MWIF hums toward network harmonization. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;5/27/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 21, p7
Highlights the Mobile Wireless Internet Forum (MWIF) in Toronto, Ontario. Participants in the workshop; Objectives of MWIF; Theme of MWIF.
- OPENWAVE/VERIZON TEAM FOR OVER-THE-AIR PROVISIONING. // RBOC Update;Mar2001, p2
Reports on the over-the-air provisioning collaboration between Verizon Wireless, the largest wireless service provider in the United States, and Openwave Systems Inc., the worldwide leader of open Internet-based communication infrastructure software and applications. Over-the-air provisioning...
- Briefs. // Global Wireless;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p3
Presents news briefs on the global wireless telecommunications industry as of January 2001. Components of the reorganization plans of Motorola; Involvement of Openwave Systems and Geoworks with a cross-licensing settlement concerning Wireless Application Protocol technology; Formation of the...
- NEWS. // Wireless Week;11/12/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 46, p50
Presents news in wireless communication business. Aether Systems Inc.'s stock price on November 6, 2001; Availability of the instant messaging solution from Openwave Systems Inc.
- Openwave Systems. Uhland, Vicky // Interactive Week;3/5/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p53
Features Openwave Systems, a company based in Redwood, California, that plans to offer wireless Internet services to subscribers in China's mobile telephone market. Business partners; Services to be offered; Background of the market.