Technology's Recruitment Push
- Emta predicts electronic boom. // Professional Engineering;03/28/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p15
Discusses the report 'Skills Foresight 2000,' issued by the Great Britain-based Engineering and Marine Training Authority as of March 28, 2001. Increase in demand for electronics engineers projected by the study; Trends in the engineering sector.
- The thinning engineering talent pool sparks a lively debate. Grossman, Steve // Electronic Design;03/06/2000, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p158
Focuses on the labor shortage of engineers within the electronics industry. Possible reasons for the scarcity of engineering talents within the electronics industry; Need to encourage women and minorities to venture into the field of engineering; Suggestion to electronic companies to fund...
- Where Will All the Engineers Come From? Manners, David // Electronic News;10/30/2000, Vol. 46 Issue 44, p24
Deals with the impact of the shortage of engineers on the electronics industry. Issues discussed during the 2000 Electronics Forum in Naples, Italy; Comparison of the demand of engineers in Europe and the United States; Countries from which local engineers could be recruited.
- WELCOME TO YOUR ISSUE. David, Mark // Electronic Design;9/13/2004, Vol. 52 Issue 20, p27
The article comments on several professional issues in the electronics engineering sector. It outlined the "Electronic Design" periodical's goal to be a trusted source for both in-depth information on emerging technologies and for the economic and sociopolitical issues that impact the...
- 29th Multi-topic papers. // Engineering Review (Asianet-Pakistan);3/1/2014, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p2
The article offers information on the 29th Annual Multi-topic International Symposium conducted by the Institution of Electrical & Electronics Engineers Pakistan (IEEEP), Karachi Centre to be held in Karachi, Pakistan from March 26 â€“ 27, 2014.
- COMING EVENTS. // Microwave Journal;Oct2006, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p17
The article presents a calendar of events from October 2006 to June 2007 in the electrical, electronics and communications engineering industry. The 28th annual symposium of the Antenna Measurement Techniques Association will be held on October 22 to 27 in Austin, Texas. The Asia-Pacific...
- TCRP, IEEE will work on new vehicle standards. // Railway Age;Apr96, Vol. 197 Issue 4, p30
Reports on the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers' (IEEE) formation of a Rail Transit Vehicle Interface Committee. Reason for setting up committee; Factors contributing to increased costs of railcars and replacement parts; Transit Cooperative Research Program's establishment of...
- IPad Mini Giveaway. // Transmission & Distribution World Exclusive Insight;4/ 6/2014, p5
The article describes the product and services that Leidos Engineering will showcase at the 2014 Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Power and Energy Society (PES) Transmission and Distribution Conference to be held in Chicago, Illinois.
- Multi Topic 2016 on March 16. // Engineering Review (Asianet-Pakistan);11/16/2015, Vol. 40 Issue 22, p10
The article discusses the 31st IEEEP Multi-Topic International Symposium to be hosted by the Pakistan's Karachi Center of Institution of Electrical & Electronics Engineers Pakistan (IEEEP) in Karachi on March 16-17, 2016 for which IEEEP is inviting engineers to present their papers at the meeting.