- Wireless Multimedia Forum celebrates first birthday. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;3/12/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p46
Reports on Wireless Multimedia Forum's bid to develop a framework for content that must be written just once for delivery to any device in any network.
- Effort underway for a new wireless LAN standard. Dix, John // Network World;09/20/99, Vol. 16 Issue 38, p46
Comments on the HiperLan/2 Global Forum's efforts to promote the HiperLan/2 wireless local area network (LAN) standards. Details of the wireless LAN standards.
- Forum To Push Entertainment. // Wireless Week;10/21/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 38, p12
Announces the launching of the dedicated Americas operation of the Mobile Entertainment Forum on October 14, 2002 in Los Angeles, California. Goal of the group; Leaders of the organization.
- MWIF Takes Turn In Road Map. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;11/4/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 40, p4
Reports on the plan produced by the Mobile Wireless Internet Forum (MWIF) for the eventual harmonization of third generation networks globally. Move of MWIF to join the Open Mobile Alliance (OMA); Structure of the OMA.
- Handset Giants Create Global Location Standards. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;10/09/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 41, p22
Highlights the plans of Ericsson, Motorola and Nokia to create a Location Interoperabillity Forum on November 14 to 15, 2000 in France. Objective of the forum; Information on the mandate of the United States Federal Communications Commission; Expectations of handset manufacturers on the mandate.
- Mission: Interoperable. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;08/07/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 32, p1
Presents information on the Mobile Wireless Internet Forum (MWIF) which hopes to influence standards that will enable the telecommunication networks of the future. Remarks from Dean Sirovica, senior director of MWIF; Main standards bodies the forum will work with; Members of the organization;...
- Forum hopes to speed wireless adoption. // Frontline Solutions;Jul2000, Vol. 1 Issue 8, p49
Reports on the establishment of the Mobile Management Forum. Need to identify key challenges facing early adopters of wireless devices and applications; Identification of key areas to focus on; Other vendor consortia working on wireless technology standards.
- Wireless 'Net access technology faces uphill battle. Sanchez, Jana // Network World;03/29/99, Vol. 16 Issue 13, p23
Focuses on the challenges faced by Wireless Access Protocol (WAP) in order to succeed in the market. How WAP works; Move taken by WAP Forum to bolster the development of WAP-based content.
- Hard facts on software. // Works Management;Feb2003, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p10
Highlights the ERP Vendors Forum in England. Topics of the seminars; Promotion in the selection and use of integrated software solutions.