Ericsson Shines The Way To 3G
- Ericsson launches Zopps--an exclusive online community. // Caribbean Business;11/11/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 44, pS10
Reports on Ericsson's launching of Zopps, an Internet community for the company's employees, their families, retirees, former employees and consultants. Company's commitment to improve the computer expertise of its multilingual employees, retirees and their families; Company's long-term goals.
- Switch vendor offers PC-based voice. Bernier, Paula // Inter@ctive Week;07/22/96, Vol. 3 Issue 15, pI-22
Presents information on the network-based software available from Ericsson Incorporated, which allows users to receive phone calls over the same standard phone line they use to connect to the Internet. How the software works; Amount of voice delivered by the software; Possible further...
- Ericsson, Inc. // America's Network;09/01/97, Vol. 101 Issue 17, pS19
Features the Phone Doubler by Ericsson, which uses the best of the Internet and the Public Switched Telephone Network to deliver practical telephony solutions over the Internet. Difference of the Phone Doubler from other Internet phone products; How to log into the Phone Doubler; Three sample...
- Weird, wireless world of Bluetooth. Els, Frik // Finance Week;12/03/99, p26
Reports on the development of the Bluetooth wireless local area network protocol by Ericsson. Development of the concept by a consortium comprised by Ericsson, International Business Machines, Intel, Nokia and Toshiba; Installation of Bluetooth in 80% of mobile phones by 2001; Use of Bluetooth...
- Venturing into wireless. Nobel, Carmen // PC Week;12/13/99, Vol. 16 Issue 50, p3
Provides an overview on Microsoft Corp.'s partnership with Ericsson Inc. to deliver wireless e-mail and Internet service for network operators. Plans of using Microsoft's Exchange Server and Ericsson's wireless infrastructure products; Support for Bluetooth, Universal Plug and Play and Wireless...
- Ericsson Unveils New Router Family. // ATM/ Gigabit;Feb2015, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p7
The article discusses the Router 6000 series from Ericsson.
- Ericsson launches wireless lan "Hot Spot" solution. // LAN Product News;Nov99, p2
Reports on Ericsson's launch of its WLAN Hot Spot solution, a Wireless local area network (LAN) solution that gives users remote high-speed datacom access to their corporate LAN as if connected in the office. Security features; Technology behind the solution; Ericsson wireless LAN product...
- Ericsson to cook InterCel networks. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;3/25/96, Vol. 230 Issue 13, p6
Reports that Ericsson has been awarded the contract to supply infrastructure for InterCel's four personal communication services markets in the Southeast. Information on the contract; Why Ericsson received the contract; Comments from Allen Smith, president of InterCel.
- Packets of joy. Miller, Elizabeth Starr // Telephony;05/01/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 18, p32
Focuses on Ericsson Incorporated's Packet Backbone Network (PBN), a framework for the migration of wireless and wireline networks to next generation Internet Protocol-based networks. Goal of PBN; Characteristics of the proposed capabilities of the PBN; Challenges facing Ericsson.