FCC Addresses Barriers Faced By Small Businesses
- STudy released detailing market entry barriers faced by women, minority-owned businesses. Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;12/28/2000-01/03/2001, Vol. 91 Issue 52, p29
Reports that the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has released studies examining market entry barriers faced by small women and minority-owned businesses in the communications industries. Reverend Jesse Jackson's praises on the FCC decision.
- D.C. briefs. // RCR;01/25/99, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p3
Discloses that the United States Federal Communications Commision has accepted comments on its definitions of small businesses in the rules for the auctions of spectrum for the Wireless Communications Service and the Location and Monitoring Service.
- FCC obstacle course. McConnell, Chris // Broadcasting & Cable;6/03/96, Vol. 126 Issue 24, p21
Reports on the Federal Communications Commission's research on obstacles small businesses face in entering the telecommunications business.
- Plea for diversification gets few supporters. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;07/06/98, Vol. 8 Issue 27, p16
Reports on New York broadcasters' reactions to Federal Communications Commission (FCC) official Roy Stewart's call for diversification of viewpoints by increasing the number of minority and women television and radio station owners. Response of conferees at the New York State Broadcasters...
- Women, minorities get bid preference for FCC lines. Schawbb, Dave // San Diego Business Journal;7/18/94, Vol. 15 Issue 29, p16
Reports on the help extended to women- and minority-owned small business enterprise by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) with its ruling giving them preference in bidding on new wireless telephone and data services. Effect on personal communications services category; Views of...
- Kennard pushes for inclusion. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;12/18/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 52, p38
Reports that outgoing United States Federal Communications Commission chairman William Kennard advocated government-sponsored initiatives that will increase the ownership of communications properties by minorities and women. Recommendations made by Kennard to boost minority media ownership;...
- Women in business. Hlotyak, Elizabeth // Westchester County Business Journal;06/05/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 23, p13
Reports the growth of women-owned business enterprises in Westchester County, New York. Opportunity for women starting small businesses; Importance of establishing a good business plan; Support extended by banks to women entrepreneurs; Details of the Women's Enterprise Project.
- Loan prequalification program slated. // Las Vegas Business Press;06/01/98, Vol. 15 Issue 22, p31
Announces the Small Business Administration Women's Prequalification Loan Program workshop sponsored by the Nevada Small Business Development Center. Contact information.
- More women invading local small-business market. Olson, Scott // Indianapolis Business Journal;03/27/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p39A
Reports on the increasing number of women entering the small business market in Indianapolis, Indiana. Percentage of all small-business owners who are women; Number of women-owned businesses in the United States; Estimated amount in sales generated by these businesses.