Surprise! Earnings Warning Prompts Acquisition Review
- Western: Unlikely To Adapt to Bad News. Roberts, Ricardo // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;01/08/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p1
Focuses on the merger between Adaptive Broadband Corp. and Western Multiplex Corp. Cost of the merger; Terms of the deal; Market capitalization of both companies.
- Fixed wireless merger re-evaluated. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;01/08/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 2, p20
Deals with the reevaluation made by Western Multiplex company on its planned acquisition on Adaptive Broadband company. Reason for the decision of Western to reevaluate its plan; Objective of the merger; Forecast on the condition of the fixed wireless market.
- When Bad Things Happen to Good Companies, Find a Buyer. Shearer, Brent // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jun2001, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p6
Focuses on effects of corporate wreckage to the mergers and acquisitions market in the United States. Option for restructuring troubled businesses; Opportunity for strategic and financial buyers; Citation of companies under bankruptcy.
- Italy. // Accountancy;Oct86, Vol. 98 Issue 1118, p63
Announces that the general rule in Italy that business losses may be carried forward for a period of time has been restricted when companies merge. Elimination of the practice of acquiring inactive companies with accumulated losses; Companies exempted from the limitation.
- India lost $27 Billion Worth Deals in Soured Mergers. // Siliconindia;Oct2010, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p10
The article reports that India has lost 27 billion dollars from the cancellations of several mergers and acquisition deals in 2010, which include the 10.8 billion dollars merger deal by Anil Ambani of Reliance Communications with GTL Infra, the 272 million dollars merger deal between EIH Ltd....
- TRENDS. Kelly, Sean // Communications News;Jan2001, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p10
Presents news briefs relating to consolidation and merger of business enterprises. Purchase of Adaptive Broadband by Western Multiplex; Acquisition of Hekimian by Spirent; Merger agreement between Comverse Technology and Exalink.
- Adaptive Broadband completes Microwave Data sale. // RCR;07/24/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p10
Reports the acquisition of Adaptive Broadband Corporation's Microwave Data Systems division by Moseley Associates Inc. in Sunnyvale, California.
- Union Between Neighbors Punishes Stock Prices. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;11/20/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 47, p16
Reports on the merger of two Sunnyvale, California-based broadband fixed-wireless providers, Western Multiplex Corp. and Adaptive Broadband Limited. Similarities between the two companies; Comments from equity analyst James McIlree about the merger; Reaction of investors to the merger.
- The consolidation factor. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;11/20/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 21, p18
Reports on the merger between Western Multiplex and Adaptive Broadband. Details on the companies' plan to consolidate the broadband fixed-wireless market; Terms of the merger agreement; Products to be offered by the combined company; Common culture shared by the companies.