Verizon Wireless Weighs In On 4Q
- Call waiting. // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);03/02/98 (Pacific Edition), Vol. 131 Issue 9, p4
Mentions the cellular telephones, developed by Sweden's Ericsson and by TIM, which can be programmed to dial only a few numbers. Their intended market being teenagers who will be able to reach their parents; Probability that the controls can be subverted.
- Smart telephones--the next generation of powerful portables. Chase, Bob // San Diego Business Journal;03/03/97, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p16
Reports on the development of a generation of portable telephones, called `smart phones', which enable a range of features including Internet access and electronic-mail messaging. Bridging of the gap between computers and telephones; Integration of cellular phone functionality and Wireless...
- Reach out and touch someone...without wires or fees. Kahn, Erin // Insight on the News;12/29/97, Vol. 13 Issue 48, p5
Presents information on a Motorola Talkabout Radio. Detail information on Radio; Features of radio.
- Voice privacy not available on most networks, company says. Sakelaris, Linda Kay // RCR;03/31/97, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p14
Focuses on the issue of security on wireless phones and the steps which are being taken to try to stop this problem. Cloning of the phones and how it will affect carriers; Who are some of the phones main users; Comments from Joel Young, vice president at Transcrypt; Other problems facing the...
- Study shows most wireless users think they have digital service. Luna, Lynette // RCR;11/11/96, Vol. 15 Issue 45, p13
Reports on the study carried out by Economic & Management Consultants International Incorporated (EMCI) showing that most wireless telephone users believe they have digital wireless services. Estimated amount of those who actually have digital service; Primary reason for the misconception;...
- Data poses dilemma for wireless. Bernier, Paula // Inter@ctive Week;03/24/97, Vol. 4 Issue 9, p39
Reports on the need for a Digital Subscriber line for the wireless telephony business. Data transmission design of the Cellular Digital Packet Data (CDPD); Products that may support both wireless telephony and the CDPD; Advantages of making faster wireless data services available with digital...
- Hear, hear. // USA Today Magazine;Mar97, Vol. 125 Issue 2622, p94
Highlights the Sanyo Fisher CLT-966 cordless telephone. Features; Price; Contact point.
- Wireless phones used for more than 59,000 calls a day. // Mobile Radio Technology;Aug97, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p73
Cites CTIA's report revealing that more than 59,000 are made to 9-1-1 or other emergency numbers by wireless telephone users in the United States.
- Wireless war. Fried, Ian // Orange County Business Journal;07/28/97, Vol. 20 Issue 30, p1
Focuses on the competition in the American wireless telephone business for July 1997. Source of the battle among Sprint PCS, Pacific Bell Mobile Services, LA Cellular, AirTouch Cellular and Nextel Communications; Amount of money spent on advertising by the companies; Success generated by Sprint...