Motorola Revs Up Management Structure
- 2001 to be Motorola's first full year of losses. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;10/15/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 42, p20
Reports on the consecutive business and financial losses of Motorola Inc. for 2001. Sources of Motorola's losses; Remarks from Robert Growney, president and chief operating officer of Motorola Inc.; Overview of General Packet Radio Service-based cellular telephones; Description of the company's...
- Motorola posts first-quarter loss. McCarthy, Jack // InfoWorld;04/16/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 16, p16
Reports on the first quarter operating losses of Motorola company for 2001. Reason for the losses; Revenue.
- Embattled Motorola maps out new focus with Digital DNA ads. Callahan, Sean // B to B;2/11/2002, Vol. 87 Issue 2, p3
Reports the annual loss experienced by Motorola Inc. in Chicago, Illinois. Decline of global sales; Withdrawal of marketing plans; Emphasis on short-term results.
- Motorola, Marconi face financial demons. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;7/16/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 29, p23
Reports on the financial problems suffered by Motorola Inc. and Marconi plc. Net loss posted by Motorola in its 2001 second-quarter loss; Deal between Sprint PCS and Motorola.
- Another Loss Is Forecast. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;10/15/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 42, p1
Reports on the third quarter loss forecast of Motorola for 2002. Outlook for the Motorola forecast sales in all operating units; Downsizing plan of the company; Financial information on the company.
- Phone gear maker needs more juice. Jones, Sandra // Crain's Chicago Business;3/25/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p4
Reports on the financial performance of Motorola Inc. after the investment in Next Level Communications, a broadband gear maker in Chicago, Illinois; Amount of Next Level business losses; Sales of Next Level's video-and-data-transmission technology to phone companies.
- City's tech star fading from view. Pletz, John // Crain's Chicago Business;2/4/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p27
The article reports that the loss of Motorola Inc.'s cell phone business would reduce Chicago's presence on the global technology map and set the stage for the dismantling of a giant that helped shape the region's corporate landscape for generations. Motorola is the only Fortune 500...
- The Turnaround Point. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;7/16/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 29, p1
Reports on the financial condition of Motorola Inc. Losses posted by Motorola in the second quarter of 2001; Information on the downsizing efforts of the company; Products launched by the company; Details of the restructuring plan of the company.
- Motorola Q2 Handset Unit Sales Slide 13%. Malester, Jeff // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;7/21/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 15, p37
Reports that wireless handset maker Motorola Inc. has reported a decrease in sales, operating earnings and shipments in its personal communications segment in the second quarter of 2003. Reasons behind decrease in mobile phone business; Percentage decline in sales of personal communications...