- Tauzin to hold E911 hearing. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;03/23/98, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p7
Reports that a meeting will be held on March 24, 1998, where House telecommunications subcommittee chairman, Billy Tauzin, will discuss wireless enhanced 911 services in the United States. Indication that legislation will be implemented on the service; Identification of witnesses who are...
- Congress finds everyone has their own ideas on eavesdropping. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;02/10/97, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p10
Reports on the plans of the House telecommunications subcommittee chairman Billy Tauzin, to sponsor legislation to expand legal privacy protection for wireless communications and outlaw all modifications of radio scanners. Criticism of the wireless telecom industry; National attention gained by...
- Tauzin wants rules that prevent interception in certain bands. Wayne, Debra // RCR;08/04/97, Vol. 16 Issue 31, p10
Cites the introduction of the Wireless Privacy Enhancement Act of 1997 by Representative Billy Tauzin, chairman of the House Telecommunications, Trade and Consumer Protection subcommittee. Aims of the bill; Comments from Tauzin; Steps to be taken if the bill is adopted.
- Tauzin urges the industry to recruit and nurture senior citizens. Wayne, Debra // RCR;05/05/97, Vol. 16 Issue 18, p6
Discusses how electronic devices can be beneficial to elderly persons living alone, emphasizing the views of chairman of the House Telecommunications, Trade and Consumer subcommittee, Billy Tauzin. Contention by Tauzin about why the wireless communications industry should offer devices to...
- Tauzin proposes CALEA funding through federal antenna siting. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;05/19/97, Vol. 16 Issue 20, p3
Reports that House telecommunications subcommittee chairman Bill Tauzin has proposed a bill, the Communications Assistance and Law Enforcement Act (CALEA), to fund digital wiretap implementation and Internet access for schools for siting antennas on federal land. Obstacles hampering the...
- Cagey Cajun champions wireless. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;02/08/99, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p1
Discusses the role of United States House telecommunication subcommittee chairman Representative Billy Tauzin in the regulatory environment of the wireless telecommunication industry. Stand in national issues; Support of the wireless E911, privacy and antenna-siting bills; Success in securing...
- Visteon to Launch In-Vehicle Wireless Charging Technology in 2013. Knox, Jon // Automotive Industries;Jan2012, Vol. 192 Issue 1, p1
The article offers a preview of the In-Vehicle Wireless Charging Technology from Visteon.
- Tauzin Warns USTR to be flexible with trade pacts. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;10/14/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 41, p16
Reports on the warning issued by U.S. House Commerce Committee Chairman Billy Tauzin (R-La.) in October 2002 for the U.S. government not to negotiate telecommunication trade pacts that could hurt wireless carriers. Comments on the implementation of the Telecommunications Act of 1996; Factors to...
- Six steps to safety. Chaffee, Maggie; Reeves, Betsy // Wireless Review;05/01/98, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p10
Reports on the United States wireless communications industry's support of 911. Steps that would lead to improved emergency communications; Purpose of the legislation.