Bids Keep Bringing In Billions
- Hedgehogging. // RCR Wireless News;3/17/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p15
The article looks at several events in the U.S. telecommunication industry. Federal Communications Commission Chairman Kevin Martin has been reprimanded by the General Accounting Office for his management style and he has to produce documents to see how he has run the agency. The FCC said it...
- FCC Pushes Wireless Spectrum Auction to Mid 2015. Maisto, Michelle // eWeek;12/6/2013, p8
The article reports that the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has extended its schedule for wireless spectrum auctions to 2015. It acknowledges the preparatory work of the Incentive Auction Task Force and notes the need for the FCC to ensure that operating systems are running...
- Developers tepid on open-access realities. Gibbs, Colin // RCR Wireless News;8/6/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 29, p1
The article asserts that the rules for the auction of 700 MHz spectrum approved by the U.S. Federal Communication Commission could affect wireless content owners and application developers. According to the author, the rules may change the game for them and could bring a riot. He recalls that...
- GOOD BAD UGLY. // Network World;1/14/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p3
The article offers news briefs related to computer industry in the U.S. The head of the One Laptop Per Child Project said that the company would welcome Intel back into the group if it decided to return. The plan to bid the Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) 700 Megahertz spectrum in the...
- FCC Auction #58 Summary of Licenses. // Wireless Review;Mar2005, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p14
Presents a chart of the top bidders in the auction #58 initiated by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission.
- Spectrum speculation. Ankeny, Jason // Wireless Review;Mar2005, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p19
Comments on the auction #58 initiated by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission. Amount generated from the auction; Implication of the poor outcome of the auction on the wireless industry.
- FCC puts off 700 MHz auction--again. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;7/16/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 29, p1
Reports on the postponement made by the United States (U.S.) Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on the scheduled auction of licenses in the 700 MHz band. Reason for the move; Complex issues faced by the FCC; Budget allotted by the U.S. House Appropriations Committee for the FCC for fiscal...
- The mother of all PCS auctions? O'Shea, Dan // Telephony;8/5/96 Supplement edge, Vol. 231 Issue 6, p8
Reports that the US Federal Communications Commission will start its biggest personal communications service (PCS) license auction on August 26, 1996. Differences from previous auctions; Reasons for the changes.
- The C block. // Telephony;8/5/96 Supplement edge, Vol. 231 Issue 6, p28
Presents charts showing the results of the US Federal Communication Commission's C block license auction participated by personal communication services providers. Top 20 bidders by point-of-purchase; Top ten bidders; Top ten markets per point-of-purchase; Top ten most active markets;...