Cingular Eyes Super Bowl Kickoff
- One Name, One Company. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;10/09/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 41, p1
Focuses on Cingular Wireless, the joint venture company of BellSouth Corp. and SBC Communications. Significance of the company to BellSouth; Details on the branding and advertising of the company.
- One Cingular transition... Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;10/9/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 15, p8
Reports on Cingular Wireless, the joint venture between the wireless units of SBC Communications and BellSouth Corp., which focuses on establishing its leadership and corporate integrating in the U.S. Launch of a national advertising campaign by Cingular to prepare customers for the change;...
- 6 years ago this monthâ€¦. // RCR Wireless News;4/10/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 15, p34
The article provides information on an event in the history of the telecommunication industry. In 2000, BellSouth Corp. and SBC Communications announced plans to create a wireless joint venture that would later become Cingular Wireless. The plans positioned the joint venture as the...
- Wireless Dealers To See Gains From SBC, BellSouth Merger. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;10/23/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 24, p29
Reports that BellSouth and SBC Communications have merged their ten semiautonomous wireless-voice brands in the United States into a jointly owned company, called Cingular Wireless. Total number of wireless phone subscribers; Rate plans offered; Benefits of the merger for both companies.
- WIRELESS BUY MAY INSPIRE MA BELL SEQUEL. O'Shea, Dan // Telephony;2/23/2004, Vol. 245 Issue 4, p6
In the most impressive display of Bell company wealth in recent memory, SBC Communications Inc. and BellSouth Corp. put their money where Cingular Wireless LLC mouth was, pledging to fund their wireless joint venture's $41 billion all cash acquisition of AT&T Wireless Inc., thus entering the...
- Fast Breaks. // Inter@ctive Week;10/9/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 41, p16
Presents updates on the Internet industry in the U.S. as of October 9, 2000. Information on the Cingular Wireless brand name introduced by the combined SBC Communications-BellSouth business; Stock performance of Dell Computer.
- SBC/BellSouth venture hits speed bump. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;07/10/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 28, p23
Reports on the impact of the objection of small Michigan-based cellular phone operator on the progress of the efforts of the joint venture between BellSouth Corp. and SBC Communications Inc. to create the sixth nationwide wireless carrier.
- Newly formed wireless giant to tread lightly until next year. Brannon, Keith // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);10/16/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 17, p4
Reports that BellSouth Corp. and SBC Communications Inc. have officially combined their wireless mobility divisions. How the merger will not initially affect BellSouth Mobility customers; Creation of a wireless company called Cingular Wireless; Release of national rate plans in January 2001.
- Will BellSouth return to CDMA? Jackson, Donny; Bischoff, Glenn // Wireless Review;12/15/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 24, p6
Speculates on the possibility that BellSouth company would want to sell its stake in its joint venture with Cingular Wireless company to pursue code division multiple access (CDMA)-based technology. How the appointment of Gary Forsee as head of the domestic operations of BellSouth, fueled the...