Cap Closer To A Lift?
- Construction division would improve telecommunications. Gaj, Ron // Hotel & Motel Management;7/2/2001, Vol. 216 Issue 12, p11
Reports the construction scheme for telecommunication network improvement in the United States. Telecommunication standards from the Federal Communications Commission; Coordination of the Construction Standards Institute (CSI) with other organizations for a revised CSI Master Format Division;...
- Is there really room for PCS? Jones, Chuck // Telephony;11/8/93, Vol. 225 Issue 19, p30
Discusses the impact on the telecommunications industry of the development of personal communication services (PCS). September 23, 1993 decision of the Federal Communication Commission (FCC); Resources; Lesson from the petroleum industry; Minimization of infrastructure; Need to examine the...
- FCC to increase oversight of Lifeline plan. TESSLER, JOELLE // Native American Times;3/11/2011, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p3
The article reports that the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) will increase oversight of the Lifeline/Link Up program which subsidizes telephone service for low-income Americans.
- FCC initiates PCS discussion. Mason, Charles F. // Telephony;4/11/94, Vol. 226 Issue 15, p3
Reports on the Federal Communications Commission's holding of discussions on personal communication services at the agency's Washington headquarters. Nature of the discussions; List of participants; Topics for discussion.
- FCC PCS spectrum auction is high stakes gamble. Flanagan, Patrick // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Feb95, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p15
Reports on the US Federal Communications Commission's personal communication services auction. Generation of revenues to provide schools with high-speed communication links; Primary bidding; Vested interest of the three types of bidders.
- At long last, LMDS gets running start at market. Dawson, Fred // Inter@ctive Week;03/24/97, Vol. 4 Issue 9, pI-10
Reports on the impact of the Local Multipoint Distribution System (LMDS) being implemented by the US Federal Communications Commission. Opening of a much-needed facilities-based avenue into the market for competitors of incumbent carriers; Plans of the commission to issue a broad policy...
- FCC moves forward with 800 MHz, LMDS auctions. Wayne, Debra // RCR;08/04/97, Vol. 16 Issue 31, p4
Cites the plans of the United States Federal Communications Commission to move ahead with plans for two additional auctions by the end of 1997. Items to be auctions; Comments from John Reardon of Keller and Heckman, representative of Advanced Radio Communications Services of Florida...
- The Good The Bad The Ugly. // Network World;10/27/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 43, p6
Presents news briefs concerning the telecommunication systems in the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's approval of the use of spectrum in the 71- to 76- GHz band, 81- to 86-GHz band and 92- to 95-GHz band; CareGroup's solution to avoid the facilities worm-free during a series of attacks. ...
- Nextel--'Allowed to break the law' Swift, Jason // Mobile Radio Technology;Mar2002, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p6
Features the Nextel Communication Inc. in the U.S. Complains on property permit fee; Issues on wireless sites; Participation of Federal Communication Commission.