W-LAN With Your Latte?
- Hop on the Internet hopped-up on coffee. // B to B;01/08/2001, Vol. 86 Issue 1, p6
Reports the strategic partnership between Starbucks Corp., Microsoft Corp. and MobileStar Network Corp. in the United States.
- Starbucks wireless network a sweet deal for MobileStar. Marsan, Carolyn Duffy // Network World;6/25/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 26, p1
Reports on Starbucks Coffee's launch of a wireless network initiative, providing high-speed Internet access in all of its North American shops. Boon to MobileStar Network, the Internet service provider responsible for the wireless LAN connectivity and the backbone network; Other information...
- VoiceStream to continue Starbucks' WLAN. // RCR Wireless News;3/4/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p16
Reports on the agreement of VoiceStream to provide the wireless local area network service provider in Starbucks' coffee shops across North America. Information on MobileStar Networks Corp. which was replaced by VoiceStream.
- 'Net access in public places hard hit by terror. Marsan, Carolyn Duffy; Cox, John // Network World;10/22/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 43, p1
Reports on impact of the September 11 terrorist attack on public access networking. Failure of MobileStar Network and Ardent communications to provide service to hotels; Condition of Ardent communication before the terrorist attack; Impact of the unavailability of MobileStar Network service in...
- MobileStar closes shop. Smith, Hilary // RCR Wireless News;10/15/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 42, p6
Reports on the closure of MobileStar Network Corp. Reason for the closure of the company; Statement from Starbucks Coffee Co. on the closure of MobileStar; Cost of MobileStar's services.
- MobileStar raises $38M in second-round financing. // RCR;04/10/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 15, p37
Focuses on the venture capital funding received by MobileStar Network Corp. Terms of the capital funding.
- Starbucks and Microsoft To Offer Wireless Web Access. // Gourmet Retailer;Apr2001, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p12
Reports the partnership of Starbucks Coffee Co. and Microsoft Corp. to offer Wireless Web Access in the United States. Use of the wireless broadband network of MobileStar Network Corporation; Statements of company executives on the plan; Efforts to update store technology.
- Square Taking Loss On Starbucks Deal? // ISO & Agent Weekly;8/23/2012, Vol. 8 Issue 31, p3
The article presents updates on the deal between Square Inc. and Starbucks Corp. in the U.S.
- MOBILESTAR EXTENDS BROADBAND WIRELESS INTERNET COVERAGE. // Tele-Service News;May2001, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p5
Reports that MobileStar Network Corp. will provide broadband wireless Internet access to Burbank-Glendale-Pasadena Airport and Sioux Falls Regional Airport.