- The `no code' highway. Nangle, Craig // Motor Age;Mar97, Vol. 116 Issue 3, p20
Describes an strategic diagnostic plan for automotive engine control systems. Tools for no-code diagnostics; Creation of no-code charts; Identification of possible problems; Visual inspection of the system. INSET: Choosing the right tool..
- Handicapped car sharing. Wilson, Jim; Fillon, Mike // Popular Mechanics;Jun96, Vol. 173 Issue 6, p22
Reports on an electronic hand-drive systems for cars. Use of magnetic sensors to control acceleration.
- Engine control made easy. // Design Engineering;Jun97, p20
Describes the dynamic engine control strategy modelling environment developed by the Tarragon Embedded Technology for Ford Motor Company which captures all the interactions in a vehicle's management system. Complexity of engine management system design; Purpose of using ISI's Mattrixx...
- Electronic diagnostics. Bald, Jim // Overdrive;Mar97, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p67
Highlights the basics of troubleshooting a truck's electronic engine. Five reasons to get involved in parameter programming; Fatal fault codes; Electronic features that can be valuable for a truck's applications. INSET: Diagnosing diesels from afar..
- What to tell customers about ion current sensing. Gordon, Jacques // Aftermarket Business;Aug2001, Vol. 111 Issue 8, p72
Presents information on the coil-on-plug (COP) ignition or direct ignition. Advantages of COP ignition; Details on ions and ion current sensing; Ion current changes that can be monitored for engine control functions.
- Ford EEC-V tech tips. Schmidt, Mark // Motor Age;Oct96, Vol. 115 Issue 10, p22
Describes the Ford Electronic Engine Control EEC-V system in the 1995 Ford Lincoln Continental automobile. Digital load control system; Fuel control; Data link connection; Problem diagnostic procedures.
- MOTOR AGE GARAGE. Carpenter, Kevin // Motor Age;Mar2000, Vol. 119 Issue 3, p40
Describes the process of repairing a 1993 Dodge Caravan SE with an erratically running engine. Random shutdown of the engine control module; Problems with the exchange of information between the engine control system, the body control and transmission control modules; Placement of a substitute...
- REPROGRAM YOUR 2009 CRF450R HONDA IGNITION IN TEN EASY STEPS. // Motocross Action Magazine;Jan2009, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p96
The article offers step-by-step instructions for reprogramming the engine control unit of the 2009 CRF450R Honda motorcycle.
- Rally round. // Engineer (00137758);5/28/2004, Vol. 293 Issue 7652, p11
Features the new Terrain Response, a patented smart electronic system from Land Rover Ltd. in Europe. Capability of the system to allow driveability and traction of the car; Anti-lock braking; Key features.