A STORY OF VISION
- Developing vision-guided robotic workcells. Bolhouse, Valerie // Vision Systems Design;Dec2007, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p25
The article discusses the process of integrating and installing vision-guided robotic workcells in a stamping plant. The vision system must ensure that the rack is not damaged and acceptable to load without a crash. The integration, debug and installation process follow standard project...
- Automatic detection of stamping defects in leadframes using machine vision: Overcoming translational and rotational misalignment. Bhuvanesh, Abhinesh; Ratnam, Mani // International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology;May2007, Vol. 32 Issue 11/12, p1201
This paper presents an algorithm for the automatic inspection of leadframes to detect stamping defects in the presence of translational and rotational misalignment. The algorithm uses several image processing operations such as blob analysis, morphological closing and image subtraction to detect...
- Artificial neural networks for the cost estimation of stamping dies. Özcan, Burcu; Fığlalı, Alpaslan // Neural Computing & Applications;Sep2014, Vol. 25 Issue 3/4, p717
Although artificial neural networks (ANN) are more known in the field of image recognition and forecasting, cost estimation has become another emerging area in recent years. In this study, the establishment of an intelligent system was attempted for forecasting the total cost of sheet metal...
- Stamp of approval for intricate metal parts. Czapla, Steve; Hotter, David S. // Machine Design;06/04/98, Vol. 70 Issue 10, p95
Talks about precision metal stamping which forms tight-tolerance parts in high volumes and with a process that lends itself to automated assembly operations. Stamping basics; Design tips; Automating assembly.
- 4-M Precision stamps out VMI plan in new location. Schofield, Ashley // Business Journal (Central New York);10/31/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 44, p11
The article reports that the metal-stamping manufacturing firm 4-M Precision Stamping Inc. has opened a facility for its first venture into a vendor-managed inventory (VMI) production line on Hornell, New York in September 2008. Steve Morin, general manager and vice president of sales at the...
- Stamping companies feeling big 3's demand. Sherefkin, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;6/24/96, Vol. 12 Issue 26, p1
Reports on the impact of automobile manufacturers' demand for additional design and development responsibilities on automotive stamping companies. Decline in operating income; Possibility of failures and a faster rate of industry consolidation; Increase in employee turnover.
- Tulip mug. Balchin, Judy // Decorative Painting on Glass, Ceramics & Metal;1998, p22
The article offers step-by-step instructions for sponging, stamping, painting and designing a mug with tulip.
- Biscuit tin. Balchin, Judy // Decorative Painting on Glass, Ceramics & Metal;1998, p68
The article offers step-by-step instructions for sponging, freepainting, stamping and wiping out a biscuit tin.
- Fabricating, forming and stamping equipment. // Modern Machine Shop;Aug98, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p530
Presents information on several fabricating, forming and stamping equipment. Features of the CO2 laser cutting systems from Strippit Incorporated; Ideal applications for JetMachining Center from Omax Corporation; Target market of the TC 2000R punch press from Trumpf Incorporated.